Article: CNS Fatigue

Kinda wordy but some interesting things come up…

http://physrev.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/81/4/1725?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=cns+fatigue&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1098536838224_370&stored_search=&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=1

Thanks for the post. Controlling and manipulating nervous system fatigue is the next great frontier of sports performance. I wish people were dealing with this subject in my sport - competitive swimming - but as far as I know no one is. Maybe I’ve overlooked it, or perhaps it will come soon.

Thanks for sharing that with us Randy.
Great contribution.

We are heavily, very heavily examining neural fatigue and have been for a while now. Can’t promise when, but soon. We have lots of good things happening now, and not just products. :wink:

IMO, controlling it is probably far away, understanding it is probably more important… and I’m only trying to get to that stage now!!!

OK sorry - maybe short-term control or posponment of fatigue is possible with certain supplements in the near future, but the negatives are probably very great.

Have others any links that might be of interest re: CNS fatigue?

Try this thread.

:slight_smile:
Thanks John -
(I’ve already gone thru’ that one)
Some good pointers

What can be done besides contrast showers to help prevent a fried CNS? I have heard maybe B vitamins? The college program I am part of has plyo workouts of rediculous volume - after todays I couldn’t snatch the weight I could normally rep 10x.

Could you elaborate on your quote at all Zeppelin, sounds interesting.

"We are heavily, very heavily examining neural fatigue and have been for a while now. Can’t promise when, but soon. We have lots of good things happening now, and not just products."