Are Powell, Bolt, and Gay faster than Ben Johnson at his peak?

Are Powell, Bolt, and Gay faster than Ben Johnson at his peak? Or are their times better because of a harder track surface.

consider this…ben ran 9.79 in 1988.tracks weren’t as fast,shoe technology wasn’t as good and when you take other ceratin factors into consideration then bens time was out of this world,plus he shut down early.

my opinion is ben was and still is the fastest ever!

That is pure speculation! It reads Usain Bolt JAM World Record, that makes him the fastest man ever. You are only the fastest man if it says World Record next to your name, until it says that next to someone else’s name.

yes you are 100% correct but look at the initial question!

There are many factors to recon in, some we are not allowed to discuss here.

yes you are also 100% correct so please look at my initial answer to the initial question.

Asafa is faster.

You are talking official times. We are talking unofficial

Well official or not, 9.68 ends any speculation!

Bolt just answered that question. 9.69 shutting down further out (10 steps) than Ben with much less wind.

Bolt by far. :smiley:

Bolt has not reached his peak yet :slight_smile: Wait till he gets to 9.5sec. :slight_smile:

he’s 9.5 now. give him some wind and make him run through the line.

If he does a few more 50m warmup accel. tonight by next morning he should be well under 9.00 :slight_smile:

Yes, you have the answer now

I agree mortac hes 9.5 right now very easy.

Bolt is a freak of nature. He’s clearly the fastest man to ever live. I’d put Big Ben at #2.

Bolt
Ben
Bob? From the famed relay leg.

I agree. Remember though, Ben did his 20 yrs ago and Hayes did it 44 years ago!

Bob Hayes had the greatest margin of victory in the 100m at the olympics didn’t he.