Apple Ipod Users

We recently got approved to produce content to be distributed via Apple’s Itune’s product.

How many of us can take training content on the go using an Ipod?

I voted for What is an Ipod? even though I know what one is as I do not own one and have no desire to.

Ipod is key, it is the most vital part of my training program. You must get one, without creatine or ipod all of my lifts would fall at least 10-15%. Also keeps you going during the 5-10min rests between sprints, I highly recommend it.

LOL I don’t like creatine either makes me feel heavier, fatter and even slower than I currently am :eek: :frowning: :smiley:

Rest between sets is when I walk / sit / lie down and suck air like a vacum cleaner :stuck_out_tongue:

John

You might want to check into an Ipod, we’re going to be delivering training modules for $3.99 each. Certainly worth the investment.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

I like the idea, definately something I’d look into.

Hi all,

I’d suggest getting an Ipod with a larger hard drive. The key thing to remember is that the Ipod uses Itunes. Itunes is a great application that allows you to download great content to your Ipod at little to zero charge. You can download full episodes of your favorite shows, sports commentaries…theres so much going on with this. In a word…mindboggling.

I grabbed this off Apple.com for everyones information.

Witness the evolution of the revolution. First it played songs. Then photos. Then podcasts. Now iPod plays video, changing the way you experience your music and more. Again. In lighter, thinner 30GB and 60GB models starting at $299, the new iPod is music to your eyes.

Better Yet
Time for the world’s best music player to take the stage for another encore. In 30GB and 60GB(1) models that hold up to 15,000(2) songs, full-color album art and up to 25,000 photos(3), the new iPod makes the most of your music and more. Yeah, you’ve heard that tune before. Only now, you can watch it, too. With support for up to 150 hours(4) of video and a 2.5-inch color display, the new iPod lets you take music videos and TV shows on the road.

More and Less
The new iPod boasts up to 20 hours of battery life(5), five hours more than before. Plus, you get a bigger display and one more iPod color — sleek black. But here’s the kicker: At under half an inch thin, the new 30GB iPod takes up about 45 percent less room than the original iPod. Even the new 60GB model is over 10 percent thinner than the fourth-generation 30GB iPod. More features in less space? Sounds like iPod.

Hold Everything
Now you can put all your music in your pocket and still have room for, well, practically everything else. Catch up on your reading with audiobooks. Browse your memories with photo slideshows, complete with music. Watch video podcasts, music videos and your favorite TV shows. Consult your calendar or look up an email address. Even check the time in another city or time your fastest lap. The new iPod keeps it all close at hand.

Spin Some Tunes

The Apple Click Wheel gives you access to your entire music, photo and video library — from one thumb. Control volume and browse using the touch-sensitive surface. Play. Pause. Rewind and fast-forward. Rate your favorites. Create playlists on the go. Launch photo slideshows. The Click Wheel puts everything at your fingertips, so you can keep your eyes and ears on the music.

Sync, Look and Listen
Playing your iPod is only half the fun. Try filling it with downloads from the iTunes Music Store. Choose from over 2 million songs, 25,000 podcasts, 2,000 music videos or your favorite ABC and Disney television shows, download them to your Mac or PC and sync them to your iPod. Add an optional audio cable to play music from the iPod to your home stereo or use an optional S-video cable with iPod to play VJ on your TV. You can perform the same big-screen feat with iPod photo slideshows. Oh, and you can do it all from across the room using the optional Universal Dock and handy new Apple remote.

1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
Song capacity is based on four minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding.
Photo capacity is based on iPod-viewable photos transferred from iTunes.
Video capacity is based on H.264 750-Kbps video at 320-by-240 resolution combined with 128-Kbps audio.
Up to 20 hours of battery life refers to 60GB model and music playback.
Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.

Would definately be interested. Any idea how much room each D/L would take up?

Has anyone ever ran with their ipod (like warm up, tempo - not sprinting). If so: how did you find it?, how did you attach it to youself?, did it inhibit your running motion at all??

Ive done tempo with it and had no problems. Ive used a belt clip and just put it my pocket. Just make sure you put your headphone wires under your shirt so your arms dont catch them.

i have an ipod and would be open to dling CF content that way.

my ipod is in limbo at the moment and the warrenty is out but i’ll pick up a new one when i have the chance but it has always worked fine with a belt clip or arm band for long runs, tempo and intervals.

Are these training modules videos? I am assuming they would be I’m just wondering if you need the new ipod video or if an old ipod with a large hard drive would suffice?

Also when are the training modules planning to be released?
Thanks

You need a full size ipod with a color screen. The iPod nano will not play video, nor will any of the discontinued models (iPod mini etc).

The modules are videos that will play on the Ipod. Expect some interesting materials to be exclusively available via Itunes.

Rupert

iPod 60GB White
NZ $769.00 :eek:
Specifications:
15,000 songs, 25,000 photos, 150 hours of video.
6.35 cm colour display
157 grams
10.35 x 6.18 x 1.4 cm

Plays videos, podcasts, home movies, music videos, photos and music

http://store.apple.co.nz/public/product/group.php?pgid=AP12

aw c’mon… that’s chump change lol :smiley:

Dont need to buy an ipod, just download itunes for free, u can then watch or listen to the videos or music you have downloaded on your computer.

You could do that, but the content will be formatted for Ipod viewing, not computers.

Whatever you like though

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com - Become a CF.com affiliate - Just ask

When will it be available?

laters

Pocho, Members.

You should know that we recently just finished another CF.com download (#2 in the series).

It has been a very enjoyable edit, all round I think we have an interesting movie coming. (Run-time is 36 minutes).

Yaay.

Rupert

Does that mean it won’t run properly on the computer?