Any advice for newbie to 100m?

Hello. I started 100m training about a month ago. I ran my 1st race in 13.6. Terrible as I was so nervous! Previously I’ve been training for 400 but experienced a lot of injuries. :). I’ve been reading thru the posts and many suggest to work on your strengths. I want to sharpen my speed and run 12.8 by the fall. Any good info for meeting my goal?

What are you doing for training at the moment? How old are you? Male/Female? The more details you give to the forum, the more we can help with your training.

Sorry. Male, 32 yrs old and I want to run at the open all comers track meets. I’m also 5’8" and 140 lbs. I want to work on my speed while also helping out with my MMA. Summer meets are now over and I’ll train for winter meets but want to peak next summer. I’m new to this so I don’t yet know how to ask the specific questions. For now I’ll do plyos once a week and a lot of cross training including biking.

For starters I want to get a sense of the types of GPP work outs. I believe I can run 12.8 with a little training and go faster from there. Let’s see how I progress.

Is there a good book I should start with? As I progress ith my training I’ll then be able to ask more meaningful questions too :slight_smile:

If you want to get a book, get either The Charlie Francis Training System, or Key Concepts Elite. I’d recommend the GPP DVD as well.

-You need to start out by making a timetable for when you are going to have time to work out. You need 2 to 3 higher intensity sessions per week (and to begin with you could have 4 or 5 higher intensity sessions per week because of the lower relative intensity you’ll be able to produce at the moment).

-You need to have 2-4 tempo sessions per week as well, which could include medicine ball stuff for your abs/core/trunk.

-At your body weight, I’d look for a cheap medicine ball that you can throw across a field and that bounces that is around 8lbs, maybe 10lbs. That’ll be your best piece of equipment to begin with.

Hello all. Does anybody know by chance whom I can contact from this web-site for a book order status? I ordered a book over 2 weeks ago and have not received it. Sorry to post this here, but I could not find any other email to request status of my order.

Check your spam folder in your email for a link to download the book. It is probably coming in digital form through a website link provided by the site. Sometimes they go to spam or other folders.