analyse this

These pix are from the South East Asian Games. I think the meet was held in Vietnam.

I’ve lived a total of six months in Indonesia and trekked around several of the tropical islands there. They have so many incredibly fit and naturally powerful young men, used to doing tough labouring, and they love sports. But track and field is not high in their cultural awareness. Soccer is huge, beach soccer every sunset is also popular…you can imagine the leg power. It comes as no surprise at all that once a decent coach got involved a 10.1 man would emerge. But I have no idea who is coaching up there. :slight_smile:

From the front on still he looks to run like Shirvington did.

As far as i know when we were there an Aussie called Rob Ballard was taking care of the elite level athletes. This was last year though.

----- As far as I know when we were there last year a guy from Aussie called Rob Ballard was taking care of the elite sprinters. This was last year though.

----- Hope this helps for a first post.

He looks slim in that picture compared to how he looks with a singlet on.

KK’s new years resolution…

When was this? 1987?

Ben in the action during 100m (1987)

Chidi Imoh, BJ, Calvin Smith in Köln’87, BJ won in 9.95.

NSW Institute of Sport’s 400m FastTrack project 2009: Matt Lynch (ahead, right) and Kevin Moore lead an assault on the 360m hill in Ryde, Sydney. They are approaching the halfway point. You can see the starting point where another group of athletes are lining up. By the end of the General Prep Phase, Lynch and Moore were clocking the Long Hill in 41 to 42 seconds.

Lynch (in red) again leads up the Long Hill. He made the conversion from 7.2m long jumper to 46.6sec in his debut 400m in December 2009.

THE LAWN ON THE LONG HILL WASN’T ALWAYS WELL MAINTAINED.

Leading personal coach Larry Spencer with his top two proteges: Matt Lynch, 23, and Kevin Moore, 18 (maybe just turned 19), on the hill. Larry is a willing and invaluable participant in the NSWIS 400m Project

Some other members of the NSWIS 400m Project on an excellent grass track in Sydney, Australia, in early December. The athlete at right is Joel Milburn, a 44.80 man who was an Olympic semi-finalist in Beijing. The athletes at extreme left is Steon Hall graduate James Gurr, also an Aussie 400m rep. James and Joel are both currently coached by Penny Gillies, a two time Olympic 100m Hurdles rep who was in charge of the Australian 4x400m men’s team which won the bronze medal at the 2009 Berlin World Championships.

Is Milburn injured again? He DNF in a 300m race a few days ago.

Are you consulting on the project? The hill workouts sound eerily familiar.

Man, that grass oval is insane! very nice.
Once Lynch’s arms are fixed, he will be even better :slight_smile: (Opening up his arm as it passes his hips)
Oh, and lets hope Lynch’s feet Dorsi flex before it hits the floor, on one pic where he is going up the hill, them toes appear to be pointing into the ground. Mind you - its too hard to tell of that One pic, he could have hit a Divit in the ground on that stride??

Could be :wink: