ALLYSON FELIX Lifting Results

must been a very old article, thats what her old strength coach believed to be the best method of training.

The deadlift wasn’t a favorite in our eyes either until we noticed an interesting and powerfully motivating fact: World and European powerlifting records show that the deadlift and the squat records are within 10% or less of each other across all weight classes, both for men and women. Yet the deadlift works a significantly greater percentage of the muscles and involves multiple joints; why waste time and energy on squats or leg press machines? Realizing the efficiency of the deadlift led to the complete restructuring of our strength workout.

This is a red herring… Equipment (wraps and suit) improves the squat significantly more than it does the deadlift, so for most the raw squat is significantly lower than the deadlift. Add in that low bar powerlifting depth squats increase maximum weights over the high bar full range (Olympic style) squats that I advocate and you get an understanding of why the neural fatigue is so significant for deadlifts.

There is an article about Allyson Felix in an Athletics Magazine that comes out weekly here in GBR and it states that her Deadlift is over 300lb. Doesn’t list an exact figure [I doubt one was given] but says that her Deadlift has increased since High School and is now over 300lb. Am I the only one that cannot conceive where this power is coming from ? I mean I could fathom 250lb, but 300+, Wow

See the “Barry Ross is Back” thread. Barry had a book entitled “Underground Secrets To Faster Running,” which came out in print 2 years ago (apparently no longer available, according to Amazon), but just recently came out as an ebook. This is what the fuss is about. The data about Allyson’s DL was true, but she doesn’t even do them any more. Barry Ross was simply taking advantage of someone who is VERY talented, who just happens to be having better results with hypertrophy work (and a LOT of hard work on the track).

This is true under the assumption that the only two variable factors that are effected are strength and weight, but I think other elements such as the make up of tendons and elastic properties are also effected by weight training and influence sprinting speed.

It is still available, well I bought it maybe 6 weeks ago. It was interesting but as been said, very simplistic I found and I would say strength training is the aspect which I have least experitse on.

im pretty sure the article in athletics weekly is exactly the same as the one in that link on the dragondoor website.