Abs & Core

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sihMOAmGIcQ

I didn’t watch the video you linked but here are variations that are low amplitude/intensity and can be used easily for endurance.

These exercises (along with a few others) have become a staple in our preparation for American Football.

All of the exercises come from Stuart McGill and the methodology we use comes from James Smith; some of the exercises shown are others that I have recently used and fit the same criteria I mention below.

Anecdotally, the amount of “My low-back hurts” complaints I have heard over the past 8 months has reduced and our fitness level has improved.

Using abdominal exercises is a great way to increase fitness and complements tempo training perfectly; I prefer to address the abdominal musculature at a low-cost nature (low-amplitude, neutral lumbar and cervical spine, etc.) and within the constrains that they are used in sprinting, jumping, cutting, and battling with an opponent (ergo transducer of force, in a quasi-isometric and oscillatory isometric regime, etc.)