a lean, mean running machine

Hey everybody,
I’m a long-time reader and a not-that-many-posts-guy or something.

Alright, enough fluff talk :), let’s get to the point. My goal in weightlifting/sprinting/athletics is to be like a strong safety/cornerback/outside linebacker in American football… somebody who’s strong, big, and can run fast.

I am currently 24 years old, weigh 195 lbs at 15% bodyfat. I’m in college and get at the most 2 hours per day to lift/run. I’m endomorphic by nature and can put on weight rather easily if I just let myself go.

I’m curious as to what my nutrient profile should really look like. I’ve been brainwashed to believe that carbs are evil and protein is a godsend and acco rdingly have made my diet to be 35% carbs,35% protein, and 30% fat. My activity levels each day at minimum are walking around and going to class. Posted below are my daily meals.

Protein & Carb Meal Serving Size
Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal 2 cup
Milk, calcium fortified, cow’s, fluid, skim or nonfat 1 cup
Blueberries, raw 4 oz
Cottage Cheese, nonfat 4 oz
Totals

Protein & Fat Meal Serving Size
Santa Fe Tortilla Company 1 tortilla
Beef, roast, roasted, lean only eaten 4 oz
Pecans 10 halves
Totals

Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts 2 breast
olive oil, extra light 2 tablespoon
Sam’s Club Omega-3 Fish Oil 4 serving
Totals

Cottage Cheese, nonfat 4 oz
Almonds, roasted 11 kernel
Nature Made Flaxseed Oil 7 serving
Egg, whole, raw 2 large
Totals

Powerbar Protein Plus 1 bar
Crackers, graham 1 cracker
Honey 1 tablespoon
Totals

Biotest Low-Carb Grow! 2 scoop
Apple, raw 1 medium
Dannon Light’n Fit Yogurt 1 serving
Sugar, raw 5 tablespoon

I currently get 267 grams of protein per day (way higher than 1.7 g/kg), 296 g of carbs per day (36 g are fiber) and 100 g of fat per day (18 g of saturated fat, 17 g of polyunsaturated, and 43 g of monunsaturated). I take in about 3,100 calories total per day. I should note that when I have days off from weightlifting/sprinting, I take out the sugar and honey from my diet.

One last thing, I lift 4 days per week and run tempo 2 days per week. My first sprinting session has me doing 3 sets of 200m with 3 minute rest in between & then 5 sets of 100m with a 100m walking break in between. My second sprinting session has me doing 10 sets of 100m with 35 seconds rest in between. My tempo days I do 200m and 400ms all totalling up to about 3000m pretty easily.

Thanks for any help and sorry about the lengthy post.

Kurt