50m Times

Hey Numba, we can´t forget Mr. Isac Newton ( neither Einstein ) when we talk about “footballers”.
This is an “Impact Sport” and we should know that:
p=ma or power=mass multiplied acceleration
so if we take 50m and divide for 6.3s we could estimate that you are probably running about 10m/s speed at 50m mark…
10m/s in 6.3s ~ 1,6m/s2 of acceleration…
so p=m
a -> 107kg X 1,6m/s2 = 172N
supposing you´ll weigh 90kg and running 50m in 5.8s…
( supposing the same max v but attained a little before now, results of your improve in acc because of your reduction of weight )
so 10m/s in 5.8s 1,7m/s2 of acceleration…
so p=m*a -> 90kg X 1,7m/s2 = 153N

Can you figure out what i´m trying to say ?
Maybe for you, or your sport ( of course it depends of your position in a game ) is not a good idea the reduction of weight,
it will be worst if we talk about energy ( conservation )…
e=mc2…
take a look that here,
e=107*(1,6)2= 274
e=90*(1,7)2= 260 you lose again…

e=107*(300.000)2=9.630.000.000.000
e=90*(300.000)2=8.100.000.000.000

well my friend,
you have two ways…
a) believe in laws of physics and try to input some speed and acc but with your actual weight…
b) say go a hell all this maths and get slim body no matter what happens…

I like very much physics but
i would take “b”.

im just going to follow my sprinting and lifting program along with keeping “clean” as best I can with my diet. I was just thinking my weight would go that low…5.8 50m?! Wow that would put me at like a 6.3 55m! What i wouldnt give, that would get me ranked on Dyestat…getting too far ahead of myself…I think ill be fine, as limit strength is a big advantage as you have a lot of time to apply force in football…

Sounds like you’re on the right track, but just make sure you don’t neglect your low intensity work.

Hey numba why don’t you post a pic of yourself, cos frankly I’ve never seen anyone as big as you that can move that fast, and I for one wanna know what a brick shithouse with twin turbo’s looks like :slight_smile:

Flying, although physics say he’ll be able to deliver a bigger blow gaining acceleration at that higher body weight, there are more skills required then that. Size at the expense of agility won’t work either, what worth will all the potential energy have if he can’t react fast enough or shift around fast enough to actually hit the guys or get through guys. OK, enough BSing. My opinion : you need to put in some good tempo sessions if you want to slim down. 6.2 55 is a tall order, going from 6.9 to 6.2 FAT is like going from 12.5 to 10.50. It will be interesting to see how your experiment with body weight works out.

I’ve also had dealings and concerns with body weight to strength issues. From November 2002 to May 2003 I went from 128lbs to 146lbs, my strength tripled (40kg deep squat to 120kg), yet my sprint times remained the same (couldn’t break my 11.7ht from October 2002), but my track work wasn’t geared towards gaining acceleration and speed. Then from May 2003 to September 2003 my weight went from 146lbs to 157lbs and my strength increased another 30% (deep squat from 120kg to 150kg), but this time I went from 11.7ht to 11.1ht. I attribute it to the ability of being able to perform the horrific volumes of accelerations and submax speed I had as a “program” at a better quality because of the strength I had gained.

The point is, that fluctuations of weight and its relation to strength isn’t as simple of a science as it seems. My conclusion from my whole experience is that what you do on the track can vary results much more then what you do in the weight room or diet. Focus on training right on the track and things should come into place. Playing the “take away 10% body weight maintain strength and gain 10% speed” game is very tricky business.

— Couldn’t have said it better myself… :slight_smile:

I guess you already saw it, but if you want to see a really big guy run:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2002/bigrace.ram

It’s surely not class sprinting, but faster than I expected. I think the guy weighs >240 and is spezialized in bodybuilding only.

I don’t know his time, but Chambers did a 6.64 and at the 40 yd mark Levrone seems less than 5 meter behind - that means Chambers ran 40yd probably under 4.4, and levrone probably in 4.85.

Story:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bigrace.htm

It was interesting ( and funny ) tks Sow.

BTW, the quality video is not so good,
but seems like Kevin & Dwain was almost neck a neck until 30m mark.

It looks like that, but from a different angle you can see that Dwain left Kevin behind from the first step on…but it was really a funny happening.

Bigger than Bigger

The bodybuilder website called that race “an historic event…” why, do they realize in that “close race” there could have been a few college and high school sprinters in front of Levrone also. I don’t know why Levrone called out one of the fastest sprinters in the world when he could have found any guy in the park, playing catch with his kid, to beat him.

I guess because Dwain looks big ( as a sprinter )
and of course, some:
Merchandising !!

Actually guys, a while back, I was reading flex online and translating the news for a mate of mine who’s a bodybuilder, that levrone was actually woking with dwain chambers, and the reason they ran this race was because they had become such good friends and levrone wanted to prove that big guys weren’t really slow, and he just set the bar high to prove it.

So maybe he proved big guys aren’t slow, I think we already knew that for the most part, but he definitely didn’t prove they are fast.

One things for sure, he proved that big guys run funny!!!

yeah ill second that