26 Weeks to Glory

vultures watching is ok, they really only become an issue when they start feeding off you :smiley:

John, you is my hero :cool:

12/19/04
Week-2 Sunday
Not much, just slept about ohh… 16 hours :smiley: Cause I’m just that cool.

Weekly Meterage:

12/20/04
Week-3 Monday
Workout: I did a bit more than usual today, I ran about 71/2 miles at my mom’s house. Did the creek hill and the reseverve loop. I’m less beat than usual, kind of hyper actually. shrug oh well, Calves were fine, At the begining of the run both my knees had a little bit of tingly warmth going on, and my arch gave me the same thing sporadically during the run, nothing hurt, though.

I went and did about 26 total shots on the 40lb compound, fun fun.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

EDIT 1/7/05 WHICH ARCH RETARD???!!!

12/21/04
Week-3 Tuesday
Workout: Well, I guess I shoulda figured that if I start my run at 4:20, on the SHORTEST DAY OF THE YEAR… that it would be dark by the time I got home. heh, I was pretty godanm right. I stumbled up godanm warren drive, I swear the sucker seems even longer and steeper at night.Oh yeah, it was the Pine Flat loop.

Workout meterage
Weekly Meterage

12/22/04
Week-3 Wedsnday
Workout: I spent four hours backfilling a trench, and I’ve a party to go to later tonight, oh hell i’m gonna regret this tommorrow.
Workout Meterage:
Weekly Meterage

12/23/04
Week-3 Thursday
Oh, god, that party was loads of fun… Falling asleep on the floor, watching max have a hissy fit, confessing my virginity to some 8 teenage girls, finding out that 5 of those girls are virgins too. Ahhhh, yes, some days you just don’t want to forget…
Anyway, I got 4 hours of sleep, and yet I still managed to…
Morning Workout: Completed backfilling the trench, another hour or so working on the danm thing and now it’s friggen done.
Afternoon Workout: 7+ Miler on the back trails… did 3 1/2 loops.
Workout Meterage:
Weekly Meterage

Good work on still training today …I think :rolleyes:

Hope you don’t mind a wee hint, Hi I’m a virgin isn’t the greatest intro line :smiley:

Have a good Christmas.

I think another pretty bad intro line is… “You make me sweat…”
Merry Christmas John. :smiley:

12/24/04
Week-3 Friday
Workout: I did about 7 miles easy. Pretty fun. I decided that it is extremely easy to just run an extra 10-15 minutes. SO my 40 minute 5.8 mile run turned into a 7 mile run in just a few steps.

It should be noted that my right arch is feelin’ pretty stressed a 4.75 out of 10. My rolled left ankle is feeling sore, but safely acute 4.6 out of 10. And for some reason I have this intense pain on the inside of my right thigh. The tendon that connects to the inside of my knee. Like my interior IT band. I’d say it’s a 6.9 out of 10. I’ll check it out on an anatomy page, see if I can pinpoint the danm thing.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

EDIT: 1/7/05 WHICH ARCH RETARD!!! probaly the right one…

12/25/04
Week-3 Saturday
Workout: Didn’t workout today, too busy with x-mas crap. Interior IT band, still smarting (not as bad, but still smarting). And right arch still hurts a bit, not worse than yesterday, but not “better” by any means… Left ankle is just about completely better.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

12/26/05
Week-3 Sunday
Workout:I did about 30 minutes at tempo pace (5k+1min/mile) and another 10 minutes after that. So about 10k. It was a lot of fun, rain, puddles, mini-creeks, crazy gale force winds (probably not that strong, but pretty windy) My right outside shin gave a little bit of hurt, but other than that, my arches, and interior IT band were fine during the run. Right now ('bout 2 hours after) my Interior It band is a little tight and a little sore. I would say a 4.2 (down from a 6.9)

12/27/04
Week-4 Monday
Workout: Well, it was raining. And it was cold. And I didn’t have any rain gear. and, and, and. Who gives a hoot anyway? I did my last 10 miler of the 2004 year today. AND I’m pretty danm happy about it. What hurt? not much actually, well not really the whole run was bloody freezing. My stapwatch (hiking stopwatch) had a thermometer and it read 54 degrees… INSIDE MY HAND!!! My cotton gloves were soaking wet. Every part of my body that touched any other part of my body became red and irritaded. Luckily I took a hot shower within seconds of finishing the run. It band is fine, a little sore, but not really more than a 1.8. My left arch got kind of sore during the run, maybe a 2.8.
Workout Meterage
16000 <— That right boyee
Weekly Meterage

12/28/04
Week-4 Tuesday
Workout: Ran most of the same route that I ran yesteday, with my bro. It was pretty easy, mainly because it didn’ rain today. Or it wasn’t raining when I started the run. By the time I finished today it was drizzling a bit, but overall I was pretty pleased with my run which I finished in an 1:05.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

12/29/04
Week-4 Wedsnday
Workout:
10 min warmup
8x200m w/1min jog rest. (I didn’t have a track so I found a reasonably flat portion of my trails, and ran for 30 seconds at a really good clip, as close to 800m pace as possible, and measured it like that.)
25 min cooldown
Well this was my first structured speed workout of the year and it went fairly well. I stopped at 8 even though, it felt like I could have done 1-2 more. however, I felt like I didn’t want to take my focus off the base work I’m doing right now IE the 25 minute run I had to do after the tempo. (I wonder if I was just wussing out)
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

12/30/04
Week-4 Thursday
Workout: 42 Minutes easy. I’m starting to feel the effects of this week. I’ve really picked up the milage and intensity in this week, and all my joints are sore, especially around the ankle, achilles, and arches. (My Three A’s) my quads and upper thighs felt really beat today, but I guess that’s to be expected after a speedy session like yesterday. I’ll take it easy tommorrow. and maybe pick it up on Saturday.
Workout Meterage:
Weekly Meterage

12/31/04
Week-4 Friday
Workout: Did about an hour and eight minutes, pretty hard. Well, I didn’t go balls to the wall, but I made an effort to pick it up every chance I got. Van Halen is goodness. My right outside shin, go a bit cramped at 25 minutes, but I stopped and gave it a good stretch/rub down, and it was okay the rest of the run. My left arch hurt a bit, at times as bad as yesterday, but overall much better. Right arch was a lil sore too.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

1/1/2005
Week-4 Saturday
I’m starting to get congested, and my nasal passages burn/hurt when I breathe. I’m taking today and tommorrow off to see if it clears up a bit.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

1/2/05
Week-5 Sunday
Still congested but gettin’ better. I ate almost no sugar today, and that seemed to help. Well, there was the couple “slivers” 74% Degoba dark chocolate I had… Anyway, mostly just a place holder today. Real cold and wet today, supposed to “thunderstorm” tommorrow… heh, rain or no rain, Monday’s still my 10 Miler day. Oh god, someone pray for me.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage
68000 <— Much more gradual progression than this XC season, 20-35-36- 42 for the first 3 solid weeks? I hopefully won’t get injured this time. But there are a lot of warning “signs” lorrd only knows.

Recurring or new variety?