26 Weeks to Glory

26 Weeks until state…
1:51 49.1 4:18
Top 3 at state in the 800
CCS Champ
All American in DMR. Run at NC Adidas Outdoor champs individually.

12/6/04
Week-1 Monday
Workout: I did it backwards, and boy do I regret it.
2x8x95lbs Bench
2x8x135lbs Squat
4x2x105lbs Clean

10km Run…My right ankle began to give me problems and i want to say it’s because I wasn’t focusing on that foot. It pronates, and I was letting it overpronate to the max, when I consciensously (sp) pulled my arch up just a bit, I didn’t get any problems from my ankle the rest of the run.

OUCH!! oh god, it hurts all over… abs, quads, shoulders. I can’t breath… I’m never doing my weight work before my runs again.
Workout Mterage
Weekly Meterage

12/7/04
Week-1 Tuesday
Workout:… cleaned my computer room it’s bloody spotless (or the bloody spots are gone, either way.) Yah, I pretty much decided that I wasn’t going to run today.

Weekly Meterage
Workout Meterage <-----------It’s BACKWARDS OH NO!!

12/8/04
Week-1 Wedsnday
Workout: Coach decided a while ago to have a 2mile time trail, I really didn’t expect to do well, and I didn’t. I ran about 10:44, which is okay, but not spectacular. No where on par with my half-mile. shrugs I guess last friday my 2:05 half mile wasn’t that bad. Came through in 58, all by myself… and I wussed out the last lap. :stuck_out_tongue:

Workout Meterage
Weekly Mterage

What was the time between weights and run?

About 10 minutes :frowning:

Yup, that’ll do it :stuck_out_tongue:

12/9/04
Week-1 Thursday
Workout: 7 miles easy. Mark FINALLY joined me today, I told him he didn’t have to keep up with me all the time, but he danmed well better try. More importantly, he has to show up and be ready to run every time I am… shrugs brothers, gah. My ankle and arch didn’t give me any problems.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

12/10/04
Week-1 Friday
Workout: 7 miles easy, with good 300m finish. It was a great run I got a little muddy in the fields… heh heh… "lil’ "… heh… Anyway, my ankle and arch were fine, My right calve was a little stressed, though. I’m glad I’m taking Saturday and Sunday off, no big eeel.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

12/11/04
Week-1 Saturday
I did some work moving lumber today, at least 2 hours worth. Real fun, oh yeah.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

12/12/04
Week-1 Sunday
Didn’t do much of anything today except homework, oh well. These 5 day training weeks are wierd…
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

12/13/04
Week-2 Monday
Was gettin’ shoes today, so I wasn’t able to run. I’m gonna hit the trails on saturday, though, so no lost days.

12/14/04
Week-2 Tuesday
Workout: 7 Miles easy, baby. Man These new shoes feel like I’m running in a sand box. My knees, IT band, and achiles/calves are all really sore. I’ve never had this problem with asics before I wonder why.
Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

Are they a different model from what you have had before?

Yah, I went from Nike, to Asics.

Why? :confused:

I took from your post I’ve never had this problem with asics before I wonder why. that you were a regular Asics wearer.

Well about 1/3 of the way through the XC season I was desperate for a pair of shoes, the quality Asics were not in stock, so I got a pair of Nike’s that looked and felt similar to the asics I was comfortable with. When I got this new pair of asics I thought the ride felt pretty soft.

Well long story short, I walked around in them today, to well, kill the cushion. And the run today felt great. Maybe the shoes just needed a little breaking in. I think 1-2 days walking should be how I transition to new shoes from now on.

12/15/04
Week-2 Wedsnday
Workout: I did 3 miles easy, than 4x200 (easy) on the track w/200 jog followed by another 2 miles easy, all without stopping. So that’s a 7 miler today, not bad :slight_smile:
All the junk that hurt yesterday, it didn’t hurt nearly at all. My right ankle kind of whispered at me, but not any louder than normal, and definately didn’t hurt anywhere near as much as yesterday.
Workout Meterage
Weekly meterage

12/16/04
Week-2 Thursday
I went to the fields for a 7+ miler. It felt pretty good. My knee gave me a bit of a tingle, but my ankle was fine and other little twinges didn’t bother me much at all. My calves got tight, though, I stopped with 3/4 of a mile to stretch them.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

12/17/04
I went to a party tonight… I’m dead, Ugh. Anyway, before I left, I ran a 7 miler up and down the road on the pavement. It was pretty easy, and I got my brother to run with me too.
Workout Meterage
Weekly meterage

12/18/04
Well 7 miles was a bit tougher off of 4-5 hours sleep than I thought it would be… I vulture kept watching me the entire run, I wonder if that’s a bad thing…

Workout Meterage
Weekly meterage