2015 WC's

Agreed. Interesting to note more than one strategical/tactical FAIL from such seasoned veterans (Gatlin due to raising way too much tone in the heat and semi, which there’s a case for in the 200 as well, and Ohuruogu in the final for the reason you stated).

I think that change of strategy would not influenced the outcome of the race. She was injured for quite some time.
Usually every season she runs couple 1s and 2s but not this and last season.

She ran her own race in the semi final, which she won easily and in a time that was half a second faster than her run in the final. She was definitely in shape for a sub 50, which would have enabled her to fight for a medal. Many thought she would be Felix’ main challenger after her semi final performance.

From what I have heard she had a hip injury for quite some time during her prep, in interview she said that she was thinking about pulling out. Not many people knew about injury, just like not many knew about Aries Merritt got an issue with kidneys and going to have a transplant next week.

WOW! I was almost correct about that 200, but all I can say is wow.
Can she get close to flo jo’s record one day? Well either one of them

One of the most exciting champs I have seen
Long jump today was amazing.

That’s the kind of time I expected from Schippers. She ran 22.0 and 11.0 last year, so 21.6 off a 10.8 sounds right. Didn’t expect Thompson to be so close though. Last year Thompson’s best was 23.23! With a better reaction time (0.195 vs. Schippers’ 0.149) she would have won.

Elaine was my pic to win, I was gonna mention her horrid reaction time. That definitley wouldve helped her have a big enough lead to edge dafne. Great race by both girls.

Many say that elaine is as fast or faster than safp. Both elaine and dafne are 23. Should be some nice battles with them

If Thompson improves by the same margin next year as she did this year she will run 20.09. :slight_smile:

LOL well we know that wont happen, but you never know what happens when you get a good coach and training group.

//youtu.be/-Jv2qhTOBzc

//youtu.be/Qh08kJKsRCY

Camerman wants to lose his job. People to lazy to walk now.

Good thing Bolt doesn’t play football

Any other year Schippers could have rested on her laurels and be very confident of her Olympic chances. But Thompson is a very big threat, in the 100m as well I suspect.

francis said once she learns to start safp knows she will be in trouble.
If safp is in trouble, that means all them other chicks are in for it also.

She will be real dangerous.

I think dafne will be a major force in the 200, but I dont see her beating safp or elaine in the 100. Dafne has good reaction now.
Dafne is carl lewis and safp is ben. Elaine might be the female bolt.

Someone on Letsrun said that it was the longest throw contained in a stadium and without altitude. Apparently almost every 90m throw has had wind to help.

Chris - I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Dafne wins 100m next year, though next year could be amazing with three women who’ve gone 21.6x when Felix returns to her primary event.

naw, I dont think she cant be safp or elaine in the 100, 200 is a diff story

//youtu.be/d9ZMt5Fg61o

And team USA flubs another baton exchange…

Team USA coach flubs another baton exchange would be a better way of putting it. Rodgers would normally be running the #1 slot. So they put Bromell in there (because he’s only run more 4X1s than the other 3 guys combined this year), and he’s not ready for the gun, then Rodgers is running the #4 slot that he’s not used to running, and they get DQed. Not that easy to pass to someone as short as Rodgers; much easier going the other way. If Mitchell put Rodgers and Bromell in the positions they were used to be running, it might have been interesting.

The same relay incompetent kept the 100m bronze medalist (Tori Bowie) off the 4X1 team because she got injured in Monaco and couldn’t attend Mitchell’s relay camp. It should also be noted that Gatlin is sponsored by Nike and coached by Mitchell, while Bowie also trains at Clermont with Lance Brauman, who is an Adidas coach. It appears that Todd got the stick 1 step behind SAFP. Todd had no chance, but Bowie closed on SAFP by more than that after the start in the women’s 100m final.

They should be trying to get Pat Henry, Dennis Shaver, Mike Holoway, Caryl Smith-Gilbert or somebody like that to be the relay coach.

I’m very happy to see de Grasse and Canada to get in there for the bronze! And BTW, the first 2 on Canada’s team ran for Smith-Gilbert at USC in the last 2 years. USATF could argue going with Mitchell for the World Relays, as the top NCAA coaches were a “little” occupied at the time. There is no such excuse for world championships in the summer when NCAA coaches far more experienced coaching relays are available.