2010 NFL Combine

I worked on Dorin the night before his field drills.

1. Light massage on calves, hamstrings, and quads
  2. Globus Active Recovery on hamstrings and quads
  3. Passive stretching

He said he felt amazing afterwards. I wasn’t able to access him the following morning so we had to rely on what I did the night before. The residual effects were substantial in so far as he woke up feeling good to go. I then met him at the stadium and provided warm up instructions and cues from the front row of bleachers.

You gonna have a NFL job soon, if you keep hanging around that NFL combine. How did your other athletes do?

We only had two players receive combine invites. Dorin and Nate Byham.

I trained Dorin; however, Nate’s agent sent him to a trainer in California at a Velocity I believe. Nate underperformed on his tests.

Nate will train with us back home and retest on his Pro Day.

Buddy and I are also training a handful of players for our Pro Day.

Yes, time to rename that franchise to either “Terminal Velocity” or “Downward Velocity”. :stuck_out_tongue:

What do you guys think about John Lott?? His spotting/bar grabbing tech scares me.

Yeah I noticed that too. I couldn’t imagine being in Stephon Johnson’s shoes with him as the spotter.

Not sure what I think about him. I’ve heard nothing but good things about him in the weight room though.

Like what?

Ha! Downward and Terminal Velocity! Thats good! I heard so many collegiate and nfl stength and conditioning coaches say they cant stand the combine prep programs out there. I personally know a few of them but I’ve seen a few bad 1’s who are just out for the money. James, Speedcoach, Charlie, Number 2, and all others please chime in.

I heard his guys he works all get results and his programs work. I personally havent seen them but this comes from former players of his.

I have some old programs from John when he was with U of H and outlines from the Jets.

Jeremy Maclin’s pre combine training was posted here a while ago really sucked… They had him doing all these exotic lifts, resulting in him running a 4.58 or something (he had run a 4.41 and was hoping for a 4.3)…

In fact…his acceleration was a bit strange, and upper body too tight…running this way, I can bet he’d struggle to run under 6"80 over 60…

Trindon has been working with LSU head strength coach for football. So I’m sure he’s doing a shit load of volume and plenty of 110’s.

Just to prove how bullshits are those times, I timed 5 times spiller and 5 times best… and always got an average 7-8 hundreths faster fo Spiller…will try some few times later.
Was the surface not painted 2 years ago?Maybe slippering also…
Would still love to see again NFL fastest men over 60Y…would put all on jacoby ford.

I disagree. That is the way he has always run. Weeks after football last year he “showed up” and ran under 6.6x early in the track season if i recall correctly. And he has also run 6.6 in high school.

Funny you mention the Jets. There was a member here who was a Asst SC coach for the jets. He loved charlies stuff but could not do any of it with the players cuz of politics… It would have got him in hot water with the head SC coach for the jets at the time… I guess the good coaches not only do things right but also do the right thing for the athletes…

When you say they’re timed manually, are you implying that two different people react and start their respective timing system when the athlete first moves?

Why don’t they just use a Brower hand pad to start? Wouldn’t that standardize all results?

No one would know how to use it. Maybe it could be one of the player intelligence tests.

Lol. :)Mortac…
It’s a bit sad to see the world’s richest sport going on with unaccurate data collection.