200m time calculator to 300m

what would be 200 m indoor time, if 300 m indoor is 35 s?

and if 200m indoor time is 26 s what would be 300 m times?

From Frank Dick’s charts (400m controls), a 25.8-26.1 COMPETITION PERFORMANCE would be equivalent to 42.6-43.1 300m training time from standing. The 400m competition time would be 59.5-60.5

34.9-35.1 300m from standing would be equivalent to 21.8-21.9 200m competition. The 400m competition time would be 48.1-48.4.

You have to make conversions to indoor, which depend on the track (200m vs. oversized, and for 200m, banked vs. unbanked).

Its hard to say exactly Aaalba, but we could get a pretty good idea. The 300 is being travelled at 8.57 meters per second which would have one coming through the 200 at 23.3 seconds and continuing another 100 meters. The 1st 200 of a 3 or 400 is usually travelled approx. 1 second slower than max.

The 26 runner is moving at 7.69 meters per second for 200 meters if we carried it out to 300 it would be approx 39-40 seconds. If you carry it out, 40 to 42 would be a safe expectation. Hope this helps…KC

How about male vs female? Are the conversions consistent no matter the gender?

Where can Dick’s charts be found?

I have the 400m Controls version with 150-600 training times and 200 & 400 comp times as an Excel spreadsheet. Send me a PM with an email address and I’ll send it to you. I also have the other Frank Dick chart for the 100/200 which I believe you can also get from Track and Field News.

Could I get that as well? I have a good conversion for 200 to 400m, but need a 300m to 400m/200m.

The exponential speed reduction curve of the ASR equations does a very good job of estimating times if you have a short and long sprint time (e.g. 30 m and 300 m). I’ve written several versions of sprint calculators for smart phones and desktop, and I took all the features I liked and made a version for the web. If you are familiar with ASR you know the sprints are fly-in, but I added conversion factors so you can use block times as well. I added other features that I find useful. For example, if I know an athlete’s current 30 m fly and 400 block time, the calculator can predict the required 30 m fly time to make the state meet in the 400m. Essentially, it does this by finding the “parallel” ASR curve (exponential curves are not really parallel, but you get the idea). The calculator is available at http://www.freelapusa.com/sprint-calculator/

Conversions from one time/distance to another time/distance are influenced more by the slope of the athlete’s speed reduction curve at short distances. Which is to say, is the athlete a sprinter, mid, or distance runner. That is the benefit of having two time/distances from which to compute another time/distance; the two data points automatically account for the athlete’s best event.

Hi Christopher,

This calculator is very useful. Thanks for posting!

Will this calculator become available for use on smart phones as well?

Good question. I wrote a version for the iPhone a few years ago and I found it to be extremely useful. Right now, I’m interested in feedback on the various features (feel free to leave comments here or in the comments section of the calculator). If enough people express interest, I will probably revisit the smartphone. I’ve since switch to the Android, so I would probably write it for the Android or select a development tool that can deploy apps to both the iPhone and Android.

Best,
Christopher

I recently moved the Freelap USA blog to a new high-performance server. The move affected the asr sprint calculator, but I have since updated the calculator code to run on the new server and it should now be fully functional.

Best,
Christopher