2 x 200m sets

Im actually going to be starting with 4 x 300m intensive tempo pace with 3 minutes rest. I suppose this is similar to the 5 x 200m? I am thinking of a second session of the week to be 500/400/300m with longer rest although not certain of this yet. The 5 x 200m session may come in handy somewhere. What pace and rest did you perform the 5 x 200m at?

Thanks, I will see I how the experiment goes!

Hi have myself and my guys do this in the SPP, but it’s first 200 race pace for the first run, recovery of 1 min then try all out (or whatever is left)

What is a typical time for the backup rep? How many sets of this do you perform?

For myself and athletes, it’s usuall about 1.5 / 2.0 sec slower than the first. Which I have found to be about 0.5 /. 1.5 faster than actual race time (for the irst race)

We do 3sets of this, next session of this due next Tuesday actually lol

Thanks for that info. I’m assuming then that you’re going out at about +1 compared to recent 200m PB. If so, come home pace is close to race come home projections for most runners. As compared to kitkat, your first split is about 1-2 seconds faster than kitkats, and your second split is more or less the same, but off half the rest. Sounds like a really tough session.

Thanks star, yeah it works out close as I say to where you will actually be in the 400 in a few weeks time if you maintain levels

Very hard session :slight_smile: got to love 400