10m off blocks

heres a 10m, ill post a 30 and a 60 later today when i get the other vids.

this is 1.86s ET, felt really heavy today… I sohuld take this MP3 off my hand and throw away those monsterflys, that shock pad is annoying and kills the stretch.

Before you say im up too high too soon, I’m sorry, I just can’t go lower, i tried a thousand times… thats about as low as i can get.
Also i know my right arm movement is limited… but thats the MP3, will take it off next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRsfPjOezuA

Thanks for any feedback

Not an expert…but what are your strength levels. It seems that you lose your forward lean within 7 meters.

:frowning: i cant help it… im not weak or anything… i deadlift 500

I’d probably space the blocks out more and a bit further from the line if you aren’t able to stay down, back is also a bit rounded in set position. A bunched start is probably hurting more than helping especially if your popping right up.

Don’t focus as much on keeping your head down, focus on keeping the upper body down. Your head is obviously staying down and its not really helping the rest of the form, so don’t worry about the head as much.

Use some type of soft barrier or have someone hold something out so that you have a lower clearance, its not that you can’t do it.

You arent low enough and come up too quickly, you need to be staying low until 15-20m and starting to come up GRADUALLY. Sub maximal speed work focusing on technique + lots of strength work should fix this.

Deadlifts arent well liked around these parts…hows your squat doing?

squat is also around 200 kilos, im not sure its that… i have seen much weaker guys stay lower than me…

is that a lil better ? sorry bout the quality camera fucked up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnqEJh0Qomo

Your strength seems fine, for me what worked was just getting stronger, doing drills + lots of technique work using tempo. At first I was forcing my head down, but over time by continously trying to keep it down, it started to stay down naturally, although only for first few strides. My head started staying down and that equalled my entire upper body staying low, and over some time (last couple months) I’m able to keep it down for 20-25m. By keeping down I mean basically staying low, and as soon as my head comes up my body gradually begins to rise.

This was over a year’s time. But I’ve perfected my drive phase and entire acceleration and this leads to me having very fluid type form.

Your back is definitely rounded more than is probably optimal.

I wouldn’t worry about losing the lean so much as I would setting up your position in the blocks a bit better. Try putting your hands directly beneath your shoulders instead of extending them to the ends of the lane.

I’m not so sure getting upright early is that big of a deal. You cannot force a lean to be longer than you can adequately accelerate and doing so will probably make you worse off.

If you can run 1.8e 10m from blocks, you need to work on the rest of your race because 1.8e doesn’t add up with your 60fat, 100, etc. Even if you could improve your 10m .1, you’re not going to run the 60m any faster if you are dropping off after 10m.

Arms should drive out farther and harder, body needs to be lower still and maintain that for 20m. At 30m you should be transitioning into upright.

Staying low works for me and other people too. I wouldnt say improving the first 10m is all about improving the time, you want to do it in a way where it sets up your next 10m properly too, and so on.

There is a difference between not popping up and forcing yourself down. Forcing yourself down will probably not improve your times and may very well hurt, but that isn’t to say you should pop up. Our friend Silencer doesn’t seem to be popping up. How long do you expect him to stay low? He is probably reaching max velocity around 20-25m (based on his 60m time), so I don’t think forcing himself to stay lower is going to solve this problem.

Obviously that sucks but what can I do about it ? add another 100k to my squat ? i dont think thats gonna work. i was at a 230 kilo level once and it was still like that.

The blocks are set 2 foot lenght for front pad and 3 and a finger for the back 1.

should i do 2 feet and 1 finger for front, and 3 feet 2 fingers for the rear ?

this is so annoying… … crap… how come skinny 30lbs kids that cant do a pullup or squat over 60lbs stay lower ?

sweeping with your hands and getting a powerful triple extention can shoot you out in a horizontal position resulting in a good first step where the body is kept low. Also work with cones at 10m intervals to get down the feeling of staying low as you progress further.

i am sweeping …

Conclusion : I am the living proof weight training for sprinting is BS.

after almost a year i stayed at the same level… i honestly wonder why lift unless u wanna shave 0.1 off 9.90s.

every day i went to that goddamn stadium for a year for nothing, is that even possible, is this some kind of genetic decomposition or what… i dont know whats going on here…

Squatting still has a limited carry over regardless. You need to develop strength specific to acceleration. Perhaps some sprints up a slight incline or with a LIGHT sled could help you out a bit.

Also probably want to take off the mp3 player when you are working on technique.

i’ll try that but common its not like thats gonna make all the difference … and still, 200 kilo squat, 120-130k powerclean, and a 45" VJ should SOMEHOW translate to a 7.3 or something 7.3 isnt even fast… its general athleticism of average males… but its like its doing nothing… maybe that innosport stuff is better for people like me ?

Then do innosport. People have been giving you advice–it’s your job to try to take it and figure out how to apply it to your situation. When you’re doing it on your own, it is hard to do and something that may appear minor to you may be a much bigger deal.

Specifically, you do not have great fitness, both evidenced by your times and what you have said yourself. Your weight training program was also a pure powerlifting program only aimed at increasing 1rm–the effects of that when combined with sprinting will surely be different than a more general, less intense weight program focused more on track work. I believe that was mentioned before, but it is still something to consider.

i am taking everyones advice, dont make it sound like i just go out there and do whatever… i try alot of things …

i havent been doing 1rms or even 5 rms for months… so dont worry about that

i have been doing tempo 3 times a week also for quite a while now, i do feel “fit” now… i lost alot of fat and did my tempo regularly at least twice a week…