WR for Jamaica 4x100m

//youtu.be/zW8fI7ZWXlI

How many more pictures like this will Darvis produce? Is that 3 relays in a row now hes been involved with the mess up during passing?

The US team’s history with exchange blunders is embarrassing. Now, it’s moved past embarrassing into the land of ludicrous.

so… can we get bolts split asap :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it just me or is it always the 3rd and 4th leg that runs into issues?

the british guy obstructed the usa and he also went off way way too early! was a good relay though

Exciting relays, I liked them, plus the really funny part of the USA guy flying like superman. The US women really made up for the US men failure, excellent changeovers, in fact Jamaica lost breaking the WR with their last two exchanges, in particular the last one was awful.

Thank gawd I didn’t see the 4x100s live, the comentators from other countries are so much better … the ones on Argentine TV can’t disimulate track and field bores them off their mind FU-- THEM.

Let’s play the ‘if’ game…if Asafa is in that relay the Jamaican’s go sub 37

Once again Kim Collins gets a medal! I love that man.

Nice run by Jam - USA was in it. Can’t wait till next summer - Dix to Gay…

Darvis has practiced that spill. Poor guy

this one outside the zone DQ

Without doubt, let us also consider how fast it could have been had Steve Mullings stayed out of trouble and true to his early season form (assuming Powell and Mullings replace Carter and Frater). I think we would be looking at 36.8…

what a blunder. Well I guess Carl was right about this. He called it this july and low and behold there it is… Shame too… USA was in the running. I dont even feel sorry for them. I mean 3x in a row?

Considering the past few major champs fo for the USA winning 3 of the 4 relays is a pretty good performance. I am sure the team would have loved to win all of them but they will see that as a step forward. In terms of that record it should have been under 37s a long time ago. Especially when you cosider the number of nations that have run under 38s with no or only 1 sub 10 athletes in the team??? It will not be a surprise to see the Americans and Jamaicans take that time another 0.4-0.5s faster.

in it for what second?

No shit… Put Dix at 3rd and Gay at 4th with decent handoffs and the USA wins the race today.

…I highly doubt that. I still think Jamaica would win if they used the same quartet. Remember, Blake is as good a curve run as Dix (if not better).

In the end it comes down to how well they keep the speed going through the exchange zone. I mean look at the Jamaican women they set a national record (faster than Beijing where they won gold) at this years world champs and finished 2nd and no one can say that on an individual basis that individually the Jamaican women were anywhere near their beijing shape.

So it could be argued that they had much cleaner changes and kept the batton moving smoother around the 400m at this years world champs to get their National Record. So couldn’t a slower (man for man) mens USA team collectively match the Jamaican men if they have smoother and faster exchanges.

That being said…how good would it be seeing Bolt and Gay recieving the batton together…it would be on then!!!

USA was unlucky this time, not sure how Patton could have anticipated Harry’s arm was going to swing back like that.

I do think anyone suggesting the yanks could have won with Gay in the team needs their head read. Jamaica ran 37.04 because they have a massive trump card in Bolt who on the fly is probably 5m faster than anyone in history. That time is untouchable by anyone other than the Jamaicans atm. Powell in for Frater and you are looking at sub 37.

Be interesting to see the splits when they become available.

In an tnterview with Gatlin after, he suggested they were headed towards an area record, and he surmised 37.3 as their likely time without the collision.

I agree but the damn Brits had other plans.