World Cup 2010 - Who is your pick?

With the big tournament fast approaching, who will you be picking to win?

I’m picking Holland, but always have a soft spot for England (even though I know they will fail miserably). My second pick is Spain.

I’ve got Spain to win.

USA as my dark horses.

I got a feeling England will squeeze past the group stages & fail in the Quarters.

I think it is Spain’s to lose. Brazil and Argentina in the top four, England falters after group play, USA doesn’t make it out of group play.

Semis
England V Netherlands
Germany V Spain

Final
Netherlands V Spain

Winner
Spain

although I hope it is the Netherlands

I have created a CharlieFrancis.com classic predictor league at http://en.castrol.predictor.fifa.com and the code is 51692-2531

Brazil.

I would be surprised if Holland get near the final.

This is probably the most potent Dutch forward set up in WC history. If the defence holds well, they should score goals often enough to go deep into the competition.

If this was in Europe I would tip Holland with a lot of confidence, but an African based tournament might throw up a lot of upsets.

Brazil v Holland in the final and Brazil to win.

England desperately needs Wayne Rooney to play every game and score often. He is the key and I think he can get them to the semis.

The big disappointment I reckon might be Argentina.

checking the draw it appears for that to happen 1 of them would have to place second in their group then win matches from then on otherwise they meet in the 2nd round.

That is part of the problem with deciding. I have no idea who will win, but as I will be on holidays for most of the tournament I will watch the games.

I am looking to watching the Australian games, Brazil, Chile, Germany, Netherlands and Grgeat Britain.

I would to see Australia v New Zealand final - I am dreaming…

Holland have a brilliant team. Always have.

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland aren’t in the World Cup.

Denmark of course :cool:

But should my fellow countrymen fail, I guess Spain will be hard to deal with.
Holland will find a way to mess things up, they usually do, and Maradona will ruin a otherwise very strong argentinian side.

Germany will beat Brazil 2-0 on th final

[QUOTE=NumberTwo;236197]With the big tournament fast approaching, who will you be picking to win?

I’m picking Holland, but always have a soft spot for England (even though I know they will fail miserably). My second pick is Spain.[/QUOTe

I think Argentina will go to the final. Surprisingly I also think Chile and North Korea will do well.
James

Thanks for picking that up.

So it appears in the final (unless there is a massive upset) that one of
France, England, Holland & Brazil will meet either of - Argentina, Germany, Italy & Spain.

So Brazil (or Holland :wink: ) to meet (& beat) Spain in the final.

If the Dutch play Brazil in the QF, the winner may well decide the WC winner.

I pick England, they have a great coach.

Germany has lost Ballack and the goalkeeper, Italy is a geriatric team, look at the dates of birth.

Argentina and Brazil are both great teams too.

Brazil…! england have superb players but cannot gel as a team.

Spain.

Brazil and Holland probably closest in contention, England and Argentina not that far behind.

Brazil!!:)!:)!!

France. Allez les Bleus!

Won’t that please the Irish! :o