Will Justin Gatlin beat Tyson Gay?

I have a friend, that thinks Justin Gatlin will be the one from USA to beat Tyson Gay in the 100m next year. What do you guys think? I mean 10.1 in the first year back after 2 races isn’t bad. And he definitely looks like he has a lot of room for improvement.

I’m just curious what you guys think, as we debate track and field all the time.

Unless Tyson is injured, I don’t think Gatlin will be able to beat him.

Gay is clearly faster than Gatlin has ever been. Not going to happen unless Gay gets significantly slower next year.

If gatlin beats gay yall better test him!

I don’t think so. As someone pointed out, Gay is running faster than Gatlin ever did in his best shape.

Lol, looking purely at times run, I guess I would have to agree with you guys but then again track is a strange sport.

I was looking at an old video where wallace spearmon was beating tyson gay in the 100m dash.

I’m not necessarily in the Justin Gatlin fanclub but he looks as though he will be in sub 10 land fairly soon next season. We’ll see, I just hope everybody can stay healthy.

The jamaicans are getting stronger every meet (yohan blake {sub 10}, nesta carter {sub 10}), so the americans will need as much fire power as we can muster.

Thanks for the comments guys…