Who uses xtra protection on their feet?

Does anybody here - use a little xtra protection on their feet when you run or sprint?

Such as tape, or orthotics, etc…

Even when you’re in your best shape and not injured or anything - do any of you use a little xtra protection on the feet?

No, I don’t but that’s a good question because I seen a video where Tyson Gay is getting his feet taped up…

It’s encouraging to me, when I hear that some of the top pro’s are using taping and protection. If its good enough for them, then it wont harm me. cheers.:slight_smile:

I always put a little ‘block’ of folded tissues in between my big and second toe, to prevent my bunion from hurting (I only have it on the right foot, and if I don’t do anything, it eventually aches, even while sleeping). I know a few athletes who do this for bunions, and it helps.

When I met Charlie, he recognized the problem immediately (while I was wearing shoes…), and told me that it would be a good idea to do it for both feet, as it prevents the big toe from pointing outwards (the other foot of mine has this tendency, even though there’s no bunion there).

What part of the foot are these guys taping? How tight are they taping it?

tape is not applied “tight” - If you Tape correctly that is
Also - if your muscles are weak, tape is good till you correct the problem (stronger poster msucles)
If your muscles are in spasm, and therefore Weak, and you dont have time to remove knotts due to race, then Tape.

It’s not the be all and end all - it’s just there to help