Who is Interested in a Seminar

Once again, I’m trying to drum up support for a seminar in Vancouver. If we get enough demand, this will be the fourth one in four years. It seems to be getting better every year, as we saw with last November. And the quality of the seminar is also being advanced by the quality of the individuals in attendance.

As far as format goes, I’m not sure what angle to take. Initially I though of a practical seminar (i.e. sprinting technique) but the weather won’t necessarily cooperate and I don’t have access to an indoor track. But it could be a problem solving session including:

• Presentation of concepts and training methodology

• Review of video footage of athletes - not hypothetical athletes, but actual athletes in training (I have about 6-8 athletes I’m coaching now and I could volunteer footage. And other coaches could offer footage of their athletes)

• Review of training programs. Coaches in attendance could post their training programs for discussion and enhancement.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I’m shooting for mid to late November.

I would be… Duh?

I would be…

Who will be presenting (sorry if the question has already been given), but if Charlie is doing it I am in.

Sorry - yes it would be a seminar by Charlie. It would be nice if I could also get a few other presenters to compliment Charlie. We’ll see.

I would of course! Ready to travel overseas for the purpose,but what about mid december ?

The only reason I’m trying to stay away from a December date is the whole Christmas rush - as flight prices may be going up. Early December is a possibility though (first or second week). Let me know what works for everyone.

im interested

How much did the seminar this cost in previous years?

As far as format goes, I’m not sure what angle to take. Initially I though of a practical seminar (i.e. sprinting technique) but the weather won’t necessarily cooperate and I don’t have access to an indoor track. But it could be a problem solving session including:

• Presentation of concepts and training methodology

• Review of video footage of athletes - not hypothetical athletes, but actual athletes in training (I have about 6-8 athletes I’m coaching now and I could volunteer footage. And other coaches could offer footage of their athletes)

• Review of training programs. Coaches in attendance could post their training programs for discussion and enhancement.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I’m shooting for mid to late November.[/QUOTE]

I am interested. It would workout perfectly if it were in fact the last weekend in November!!! Although I do realize that there is seniority here and I’m last on the totem pole in that regard.

I would be interested in some of the business elements that NumberTwo and Charlie could share. Making a good living is key or find yourself with information you can’t use because you are working with trophy wifes!

What about Dr. Tudor Bompa?

What about Dr. Anatoly Bondarchuchk, Assistant Coach, Kamloops Track and Field?

I think November is a clearer month to run a seminar, December is usually very busy.

For me, a practical seminar on a track would be the ultimate.

If it would help, I could provide the indoor facility [for a break on fees perhaps- wink wink].

Although our track is not ideal, with some creativity it may work with Charlie’s short-to-long template. We have 3 lanes of 14 mm Mondo, entailing a 30m straight, then a tight curve leading into another 30m straight. [L-shaped]

This is located in our fitness facility right near the Vancouver Airport, and for the puposes of a seminar it would probably be adequate.

Number Two, If I can be of any service let me know.

We need one in Toronto!

Flights aren’t that bad rite now though. And beleive me if it is as good as the last vancouver seminar its well worth it!