Which Elite Male 100m Sprinter has the best weightlifting technique?

Sorry poor choice of words (i was just trying to emphasise the importance of technique) - as you say above a certain level strength (and ability to do more density) then becomes extremely important just as with sprinting (right to left). Still if you saw the Chinese female lifters they were certainly a lot more flexible and technically sound than the others and this allowed them to get under the bar and have better mechanical advantage helping them to lift more weight.

For sure it helps full clean…but, if we talk power clean, strenght and power are much more of a factor…so, useless to compare full clean of a pro wl guy/girl to a power version of an athlete.

Hey mon - too much work! I can’t believe Asafa can only do 30 push-ups.

Depends on desire as well as current muscle recovery status. The push-up number doesn’t always indicate who’s strongest. Be was not the best in the depletion push-ups set- Mark McKoy was. Mark could crank out 110 or more on the first set while Ben was usually in the high 60s.

How deep did they go with the push-ups? Chest to floor?

close- but no. Alan Wells did huge numbers but they were shallow (till the elbows were at 90d)

with the pushup tests how fast were they done?

I have done numerous tests with conditioned and unconditioned athletes, children, or others.

The tests were done over 30 sec. period.

Group 13-18 yo - 28-35 push ups
Athletes 18+ - 33-58 push ups
Other - 25-30 push ups

Sit ups [various heights - leg elevations]

Group 13-18yo - 25-35
Athletes 18+ - 30-35
Other - 23-28

Kids and athletes practiced up to 12 weeks

Sit ups - 2000-4000 per week
Crunches - 4000-6000 per week

Most done in one go;

Group 13-18 - 250 sit ups [bench]
Athletes - 380 sit ups [bench]
Other - 100 sit ups [bench]

Push ups per week

Kids - 1000
Athletes - 1500-2000
Other - 500

Bench press [sprints]

Kids 13-18 - from 50kg - 80kg
Athletes 18+ - 80-180kg
Other up to 140kg

Personally when not fit 1-2 reps (an I mean when not fit) - long arm span;

Bench press - 110kg [week 1]
Bench press - 130kg [week 3]

I would love to see Asafa BP - 140kg + I do not believe it until I see it. I have seen him on the video that was floating around BP-ing something like 80-100kg at his gym in JAM and even then he struggled.

I doubt that Bolt can BP anything over 130kg, due to his long arm span.

Videos, quotes, and whatever Mills says means jack all! Do business’s reveal their secrets to their competitors? I doubt it.

Its the oldest trick in the book, don’t let your competitors know what your doing. Do you think Charlie let everyone know Ben’s program at his prime? Did Smith let everyone know what HSI where doing?

These coaches give a sniff or a glimpse, and the gullible fools out their, take the bait, I have been around track long enough to know, be very careful of what people say in track. Truth is the furthest thing on their minds.

Its the oldest trick in the book, don’t let your competitors know what your doing. Do you think Charlie let everyone know Ben’s program at his prime? Did Smith let everyone know what HSI where doing?

You are funny. :slight_smile:

Clearly, there are secret aspects of training coaches don’t want us to know about. They go into other facilities, away from any cameras or observers, and lift weights in a safe and coherent manner with decent loads.

See!If Ben skipped the depletion work like his longer runs he would have gone 9.6s

If Asafa was a 9.5 guy he would be only able to do 10 push ups as the TUT will be longer than 15 seconds.

Do you know what was the workload and the previous workouts when he did that workout, his CNS status, etc?
This winter of my guys was barely able to bench 80kg, and one week later did a 105kg PB which seemed effortless to him. Balance between all the training elements.

Also, Asafa might be struggling sometimes for several reps 100kg Bench Press, but his 1RM is 135kg. See the press-ups test he did this winter, that’s the same issue.

Do you know what was the workload and the previous workouts when he did that workout, his CNS status, etc?

No, I do not, and I agree with you that all of the above should be know before making any conclusion…but…

This winter of my guys was barely able to bench 80kg, and one week later did a 105kg PB which seemed effortless to him. Balance between all the training elements.

I know, it is not hard at all. I have even mentioned my own example which is basically very similar to what you have said.

My point is AP, UB, KC, AW are NOT “lifters” and they should not be on the list. That’s all.