when to do acceleration, top end speed, and speed endurance

Charlie,
With D1 collegiate football having the
current time constraints in the off-season and summer what would be the best way to block my speed training? Currently my plan is:

Off-season: Acceleration training (8 weeks)
Summer A: Top end speed (6 weeks)
Summer B: Speed endurance (6 weeks)

With football being more acceleration based, should I not focus as much on top end speed in favor of more acceleration work?

What is your rationale for including speed endurance work?

By speed endurance I think he means “conditioning”, i.e. multiple short sprints in a row with short recovery, not s.e. in the truest sense of the word i.e. seeing how far/long they can maintain top speed like a 100m runner would

Speed endurance for me would be repeat 10’s and 20’s in block of 5. 35s rest between reps; full recovery between blocks. The last 6 weeks of the summer my work capacity should be high so I can work at a similar work to rest ratio to that of competition and slightly beyond.

plesko83,

just curious as to how your able to get 12 weeks of summer training when it is usually 4 weeks-one week off-Forth of July week- then 4 more weeks until camp starts give or take a week or two on the front on backside? (for total of approx 8 weeks)

Do you have control over your guys this entire time or are they on their own at any time?