Whats better, cold or hot bath ?

HAHAHAAH sorry DMA farenheit! i got mixed up.

I think it was stated probably by clemson that it depends on the amount of mass and the condition (flabby or firm) which dictated the time spent in the cold (you got to be cold to the very heart)(thats not yopur actual heart) :smiley:

Actualy Clemson at what temperature would you say from experience that is the highest before the effects change from cooling to the warming?

http://www.regenerationlab.com/archives/000034.php

this should clear things up…

I train my sister(fantasic potential and athletic ability, unrealized and lazy killing it) and she is experiencing extreme DOMS in her legs. On mon she does upper body weights and her energy system work(card game for legs). On Tues she does 50 total reps with DB swings as a recovery method and abs. On wed we she does a DB workout comprised of two DB movements and a total of 200 reps and she chooses to two exercises. On thurs she does a total of 50 reps with DB swings and abs and fri she does lower body weights and energy system work(card game for the upper body). After workouts I stretch her(for ex ill put her leg into a position just past where she starts to feel the stretch and then have her push as hard as she can for 30 sec, i do this for the quad stretch, calf stretch, and groin/glute stretch). Then i push the stretch into an extreme position for 2 sec, release for 2, then repeat for 6-8 times, but she is still experiencing soreness with the stretching and recovery DB swings. Whats going on? Also she takes contrast showers 20min after training.

Clemson, I just noticed at the end of th earticle u recommended taking the cold baths 2-3hrs after high intensity work. Any reason why 2-3hrs after and not immediately after?

Would you recommend no cold treatment directly after high-intensity work until 2-3hrs afterwards?

I like to do stretching and post recovery drinks first to clear the debris out and then treat edema.

Ok, thank you. I will try cold treatment after stretching and see how i feel.

Timeline=

Remember that you should have at least a 20 minute warm-down and that will help with the healing process. then add in a recovery drink to help transport things into the worked cells. Then do the ice baths.

What could be an Recovery Drink ?

Protein, carbs, BCAA’s, its more detailed than that, but thats the jest of it, one formula that Ive read great things about is over at biotest and its called surge.

Ok, case the “pain” in muscle persist even one or two days after a hard workout ( plyo´s for example ),
what should i do, cold bath treatment ? hot bath ? or contrast treatment ? and how much ? what´s temperature ?

Contrast or hot would probably be the best with addition to epson salt if available. At that point ice would most likely have no effect as it is mainly used immediatly after workout for post workout microtrauma and reduction of swelling to allow flow of certain nutrients which aid in regeneration.