What to go with whey?

I have whey protein that I am taking post-workout, but what should I eat with it?

All other meals are fine, but the whey I’m taking has a 2:20 ratio of carbs to protein. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

High G.I Carb Source.

If I were you, I’d skip the guesswork and buy Biotest’s Surge. Post-workout, anabolic/anti-catabolic shake. Little expensive, but I know of a few websites where you can get it pretty cheap (PM me). Also, its developed by John Berardi, who in their right mind doesn’t respect his work? Also, tastes like Angel Food Cake.

To answer your question, high G.I. carbs coupled with whey-hydrolysate. Hydrolysate is one of the quicker acting proteins around. Throw in 5-10 grams of glutamine and you should be set.

Then as a post-post-workout meal you should have a ratio of somewhere between 66% carbs to 33% protein.

Go to T-mag.com and do a search for “Solving the Post-Workout Puzzle, Pts. 1 and 2.” That’ll provide a lot more info than I ever could.

Thanks you, man.

Surge is brilliant - but I’ve got to say when I was cash strapped whey followed by 2 desert spoons of good honey was great for recovery

Another suggestion. I love it :smiley: