What Position Do You Sleep In?

WHAT POSITION DO YOU SLEEP IN?

Does sleeping in a certain position affect any of your athletics? I remember Mark lewis Francis at one time stating that he beleived his sleeping position may have been responsible for one of his hamstring injuries.

I had allready wondered at one time or another if sleeping position in any way effects athletic performance etc…

Personally I tend to start by sleeping on my side and end up moving towards laying on my front. Kind of half and half with pillows as the props. Legs not curled up in the fetal position, rather stretched out to where my toes stick out over the end of bed.

1)What’s your sleeping position ?
2)what are your thoughts on the subject ?(if you have any.)

sleeping on stomach is bad

Bud,

Why is it bad, I tend to sleep in a variety of positions.

Thoughts?

Rupert

sleeping on your back can be bad too. increased snoring or sleep apnea trumps having a biomechanically sound sleep position.

I don’t know I’m too busy sleeping!!:slight_smile:

If only I had such luxary! :slight_smile:

I sleep like a cat. Ears ready to perk up at the slightest noise dam it. I don’t run like a cat though, that’s the problem lol.

Position sleeping ?

On the bottom

Well it wouldn’t be his fault whatever the cause!

On the bottom bunk and the cruiser gets the top bunk here in Italy but if we were in Germany…

According to people that analize sleeping position, sleeping face up is the sighn of a confident person. Especially if their legs are sprawled slightly outwards. There you go, some useless information for you. :wink:

I heard a couple things, I can’t remember where, and you can call me out on them, it’s just what I remember reading, maybe t-mag.com is where. Sleeping on your stomach is bad cause of the morning erection I beleive, and something to do with your lumbar spine. Your ‘suppose’ to sleep on your right side to help digestion, I’ve read this numerous places, if I can find the source, I will post it.

This is all I could find.
Eric Cressey posted this as an article ‘40 random thoughts’. It was number 8.

1. If you sleep on your side, put a small pillow between your knees. If you sleep on your back, put the pillow underneath your knees. If you sleep on your stomach, stop!

If you sleep on your stomach you are probably drunk.

For some reason I can’t fall asleep while lying on my back, but have to lie on one side almost to the point of lying on my stomach. When I wake up, however, I’m always lying on my back and my mother once told me I always sleep that way. I guess, sub-consciously, I’m a really confident guy.