what do you think of this.

Well this is what I have decided to cut my diet down to.

Fresh fruit.

Fresh vegetables.

Nuts (1 cup per day max).

Meat - Chicken breast, kangaroo, Steak, Fish, Buffalo.

Dried fruit (1 cup a day max).

Eggs (2 yolks a day max).

Cottage cheese.

Olive oil (1 tablespoon a day max).

Brown rice.

Ground peanuts (1 tablespoon a day max).

And thats all. Plenty of green vegies, and fresh fruit as a carb source. Brown rice and potatoes are the only ‘starchy’ carbs apart from fruit. BTW I’m not a sprinter, I play football (soccer). Im just going to eat those things for a while, and work out myself, how much I should eat of what and when I should eat it, as the information on eating is overwhelming me.

What should I add to that and what should I take off it? I was thinking add spelt pasta and fish oil, possibly?
Cheers. :wink:

Why not a time table of when you are eating this and how much? Ronnie Coleman eats chicken breasts too, but I doubt he is eating the same amount that we are.

It’s not bad, but you are going to have to adjust it once you start training and experience things in school, as your body comp changes, etc.

Yeah Im not sure when I should eat it and in what amounts.

If I kept a food diary and wrote down what i eat, each day, and when (what time and pre or post workout) , and then I posted it up on the forum could you please look at it and tell me what I should change? Ie what I should eat more of, less of, what time of day etc.

Im not going to school for the next 11 weeks, and when I do go to school, its no problem because I live in Australia, and I bring my own food to school and I can still eat 2 meals at school and 3 at home. eg what i ususually do is bring a big container to school filled with brown rice, fresh vegetables (like carrots, lettuce etc) and usually kangaroo or chicken breast with some nuts through it too. I eat half at recess and half at lunch.

Im not to sure what you mean by adjust it when my body composition changes. I will change it anyway, as I progress and find out what works well for me - what amounts and when I eat it. What I listed was just a starting point for the first few weeks.

So do you think there is anything I should add to the list or take off the list? Should I eat more than 1 cup of nuts a day?

Many thanks for everything.

Have you had a look at this?
http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=35&highlight=nightmare4d

Hell, you’re pretty close to Paleo there…very good. I’m sure you need the brown rice for the concentrated carb source at school (can’t be carrying gi-normous salads with you). Ever tried almond butter or macadamia butter? Peanuts aren’t actually nuts (they’re legumes…from the pea family) and real nuts are a much better option. I wish I had eaten like that in high school.

Hey.

Thanks for the link, I just read through it.

Like I said I don’t have school for 11 weeks, and it’s no problem what I have to bring to school… So is PB a bad option? Just eat normal nuts like almonds etc?

Also should i eat 2 cups of nuts a day instead of one?

I ate honey today, as i had a sore throat and this website recommended honey.
http://www.bees-online.com/HealthBenefitsOfHoney.htm

Would a tablespoon a day be a good idea?

I can’t say if you should eat 2 cups instead of 1 as I know nothing of your body composition, size, or intake other than what types of food you eat. But yes, actual nuts and nut butters will be better than PB, not that peanuts are going to be detrimental. The omega 3:6 ratio is just far better for nuts such as walnuts, almonds, and macadamias (even though almonds and macs still aren’t optimal). As for honey, I wouldn’t say to eat a tablespoon a day. I’d say use it in place of other sweets if you NEED something sweet. That said, you probably don’t NEED sweets daily.

Ok, so a tablespoon of honey isn’t a good idea? I had it the last two days as I had some nasty ulcers in my throat, the honey really fixed it up well.

I don’t ‘need’ to eat anything sweet I have no problems eating only certain foods.

Anyway I will post up what I have eaten this week, at the end of the week for others to comment. I wont include tuesday and wednesday, as I had a horrible headache and throat ulcers, so I only at foods that didn’t aggravate it and foods that madwe it better IE honey.

Thanks for the input.

Ok, so a tablespoon of honey isn’t a good idea? I had it the last two days as I had some nasty ulcers in my throat, the honey really fixed it up well.

I don’t ‘need’ to eat anything sweet I have no problems eating only certain foods.

Anyway I will post up what I have eaten this week, at the end of the week for others to comment. I wont include tuesday and wednesday, as I had a horrible headache and throat ulcers, so I only at foods that didn’t aggravate it and foods that madwe it better IE honey.

BTW im 167cm 56kg [i thought i was 58kg, but my scale was wrong] and I have never had my bodyfat checked, but it is very low.

Thanks alot.

I’m a believer in honey. I take a teaspoon on most days. I’ve also taken it for my sore throat and it seemed to help; plus it is good for a sugar substitute with some foods and drinks. A little bit of honey and a shot of moonshine each day will cure what ails you and keep things in check.

“Oh, Susanna, oh don’t you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with my banjo on my knee”

This was what I ate last week, and is a typical weeks eating for me. I have been eating similarly to this, for about 1 year with a few other things in there like cereal, milk, pasta, bread, which I have since eliminated. :slight_smile:

Monday -

8:00am - Pre workout: 1 medium apple.

10:40am - Post workout: Half a cup of rasins, half a cup of almonds, 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 tomato.

12:45 - 1 large cucumber, quarter an avocado, 100 grams chicken breast, 1 egg, half a tablespoon of olive oil.

1:55 - 1 small banana, half a cup of almonds, half a cup of brown rice.

3:55 - pre workout: 1 medium apple, 1 medium banana, half a cup of brown rice.

6:10 - post workout: 75 grams of barramundi, 1 cup of cottage cheese, half a cup of rasins, 100 grams of green beans, 1 clove of garlic, half a tablespoon of olive oil.

Tuesday.

8:20 - pre workout: 1 small banana.

9:50 - post workout: half an avocado, 2 cups of brown rice, 1 cup of cottage cheese, half a cup of rasins.

11:50 - 150 grams of broccoli, half an avocado, half a cup of almonds, half a cup of pepitas, 100 grams of kangaroo.

2:25 - 1 pear, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 egg, half a tablespoon of olive oil, 1 carrot, half a cup of cottage cheese.

4:25 - pre workout: 2 oranges, 2 cups of frozen mixed berries, 75 grams of chicken breast.

5:45 - post workout: 1 cup of cottage cheese, 2 cups of brown rice, half a cup of rasins.

Thursday

9:30 - pre workout: 1 small apple.

11:20 - post workout: 1 mediem carrot, half a cup of pepitas, half a cup of almonds, half a cup of rasins, 50 grams of kangaroo.

1:35 - 75 grams of spinach, 2 eggs, 1 cup of rice, half a tablespoon of olive oil.

5:10 - pre workout: 1 medium banana, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of apricots.

8:35 - post workout 200 grams of steak, half a carrot, half a tablespoon of live oil.

Friday.

9:30 - pre workout: 1 medium banana.

12:00 - post workout: half a cup of rasins, half a tablespoon of olive oil, 200 grams of broccoli, 100 grams of chicken breast, 2 eggs.

1:15 - 1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of almonds, 2 small bananas.

3:15 - pre workout: half a carrot, 1 cup of brown rice, 50 grams of chicken breast, 1 cup of mixed frozen berries.

7:15 - half a cup of rasins, half a tablespoon of olive oil, 150 grams of steak, 1 clove of garlic.

Saturday

9:30 - pre workout: 1 apple, 2 small bananas, half a cup of almonds.

11:05 - post workout: 1 tomato, 100 grams of chicken breast, half a cup of raisns, 2 cups of brown rice.

1:00 - 150 grams of broccoli, 150 grams of steak, 1 cup of cottage cheese, half a tablespoon of olive oil.

2:50 - pre workout: 1 egg, 1 apple, half a cup of cottage cheese, half a cup of nuts, half a tablespoon of olive oil.

5:40 - post workout: 1 carrot, half a cup of rasins, half a cup of cottage cheese.

Sunday

6:40 - 2 bananas, 1 cup of almonds, 1 cup of cottage cheese.

9:30 - 1 apple.

10:40 - 2 eggs, 250 grams of broccoli, half a cup of cottage cheese, half a tablespoon of olive oil.

12:40 - 75 grams of chicken breast, half an avocado.

4:00 - 1 cup of sprouts, 1 cup of cottage cheese, quarter a cup of chopped chives, 1 apple.

I didn’t include wednesdy, as my mouth ulcer was far to painful to eat most whole foods, and I ate some honey to help it, which it did.

I have no plan or anything with my diet I just at when I was hungry, and tried to have a general balance. I wrote down whenever I ate something, and the amount. I only ate the foods on my list. BTW I didn’t count dried apricots as dried fruit… I considered dried fruit to be rasins, prunes, dates etc. Do dried apricots come under this category? Is having a cup of rasins and a cup of aprictos, a day bad?

Basically how can I improve my diet? BTW the afternoon workout’s were all very short and easy, if that matters.

I hope my diet isn’t to bad, and that you can suggest ways to improve it - what should I take out, add in, what should I eat in smaller/larger amounts, at what times should I eat certain foods etc…

Thanks for any help! :slight_smile: