Website Improvements

My ideas:

• Bigger room for attachments
  • Maybe some special room for user data exchange (clips, pics, PDFs, docs etc) because we have a lot of problems attaching articles!
  • Users foto album thread or something like that
    Thanks

my bad, GALS!

When I made my post, I was being anything but anti-newb. I think a section for basics would be beneficial to not only new people but people knowledgable in the stuff. It could help them remember the basics.

Perhaps this issue could be resolved with much less work for Rupert ( :slight_smile: ), if a moderator is responsible for answering such posts in the already relevant section… Others?

Nobody i’ve read is saying “watch the video” and if they are that shouldnt be happening.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

That’s what I figured you meant, I was just busting your balls, LOL!!!.. wait, pun not intended… :eek: :smiley:

These are the tasks that a coach has to complete before they get their “certification.” Some are already forum topics, others may incite ideas.

-Energy Systems
-Practical Coaching: Strategy & Tactics
-Strength Training for Elite Athletes
-Planning & Periodization
-Sport-Specific Performance Factors
-Analyzing Performance Factors
-Nutrition for Optimal Performance
-Practical Coaching: Training Camps
-Environmental Factors and Performance
-Practical Coaching: Competitive Tour
-Recovery and Regeneration
-Athlete Long-Term Development
-Psychological Preparation for Coaches
-Leadership and Ethics
-Psychological Preparation for Elite Athletes 18. Individual Studies
-Practical Coaching: Skill Training
-Canadian Sport System
-Biomechanical Analysis of Advanced Skills
-National Team Program

Though I’m not sure how the above relates to the thread it is an interesting idea and definitly relates to good ideas for forum discussion.

If we could draw up a list of competancies for a sprint coach we could then have set threads on the forum under these titles and people could put discussion under these topics only. In this area of the forum no new threads can be started except by moderators or administrators. This would help to keep the core information in one place with the rest of the forum being used to discuss particular ideas. This is kind of what has happened with the “Lactic Tollerence” thread which although perhaps now poorly named has become a catch all thread for 400m training ideas.

TC

include also:
-Physiology of Exercise (which I suppose is the whole bag, of which The Energy Systems is but one thread, and The Neural Systems and Functions, another)
-Anatomy (joint function, posture)
-Practical Coaching - include also Session Organisation and Composition

The Canadian Sport System is a snap. It’s called the “Mushroom Theory” (keep the athletes in the dark and pile shit on them).

ya, but you get a certificate, and with that you get respect AND you learn how to train your athletes to failure…because that–I am told–is the only way that an athlete will improve.

A Sport Psychology forum would be good. Also, maybe a forum just for chat announcements? Like members could say, who wants to meet in the chat room at x time?