warrior diet

any one tried the warrior diet?
im startin it tomarrow it seems very interesting
has any one here tried it?
ill keep u posted on the results cuz im tryin to lose 10 pounds
if u dont kno bout it u can read about it here

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=4E7D15070C4CD23989822DEB9AF59404.hydra?id=459242

I know this is an old thread, but how did you get on with the warrior diet? I know Darren Campbell uses a similar principle leading up to the season. How hard to you find it to stick to?

I’d like to bump this thread. Has anyone read, or attempted the Warrior Diet. I’d be interested to hear on results or opinions on it?? It seems radically different to a lot of approaches. Thoughts guys?

I would probably just skip breakfast and have a light lunch post workout. Then maybe a light dinner and lots of water… Maybe some fish oils to keep hunger down. Could some of the diet experts can share some thoughts on this? BTW after reading thru marion jones book (life in the fast lane) she wrote how she lost weight dieting like this after she gave birth.

Really?! I’ll take a little look on amazon and see if I can get myself a copy! Does the Warrior diet as it stands seem to severe then?

Honestly, I found my copy of Marion Jones’ book at a dollar store, so I bought 20 books and handed them out to the kids on my daughters track club. Its a cool book she mentions her time with Charlie in it too. She gives him some big props!

But yeah I think it would be hard to maintain a diet of eating 1x per day. You need something after you train.

OK cool, I’ll take a look.

At the dollar store! Wow.

I don’t have much to say about the diet but I have had experience working with Navy Seals. The richmond golds gym on the westside of the city is owned and run by a couple of former ex-Navy Seals. They were really some of the most straight foward, no-nonsense type people I have ever met in my life. Maybe the warrior diet explains why I never got a lunch break!

It’s an old diet,was known as Paleo diet too(if I don’t get wrong…)
It’s been recently developed by Ori Hofmekler.

Very good for some kind of athletes.

I don’t think it’s the same as the paleo diet. The paleo diet focusses on eating food in their most natural form I thought, where as the warrior diet is focussed on eating one large meal a day

that is my understanding as well.

In fact I’ve specified that I could be wrong…:wink:

there is some intersting stuff on intermittent fasting and some potential benefits that are only now being explored.

I think the warrior diet is stupid for athletes unless you want to be desparately underfueled for training and not recover well.

Lyle
Site

Stuff

Lyle, how is your book on IF going? I try to find some useful info on IF, but I didn’t find it. Can you post a link or something. Thanks

I’m not doing a book on IF, Work (from my site) is

search medline for alternate day fasting, caloric restriction or intermittent fasting and you’ll find some good stuff

Thanks Lyle