Warner loses!

Let’s not get carried away with this – MJ busted his ass training for 10+ years to deliver a phenomenal performance in Atlanta under huge pressure. We can see the bad without throwing away the good.

Nobody said he wasn’t a great runner- just a deficient human being!

He says he offered Bailey a head start?? Fuck me!! What a load of horseshit- just like the horseshit where he tried to re-write what event prooves who’s fastest. Bailey hated MJ from the day he first met him and MJ had Bailey thrown out of his own lane because MJ decided to run the 100. Bailey, who was new, kick MJ’s ass 10.04 to 10.20something.

Ask MJ about that heart attack of his…

Nobody said he wasn’t a great runner- just a deficient human being!

Well said!

Random stats…(we could assemble a full…list of guys under 15.00 getting bigger & bigger day-by-day)

Linford Christie 14.74 in 1995 (wind-aided)
Pietro Mennea ran 14.8 in 1983.
Donovan Bailey 15.00 Indoors

Michael Johnson…

10m Split-times for Michael Johnson (1st place, 19.32WR)
RT: 0.163s (round-up to 0.17s)
10m: 1.93s (1.76s)
20m: 3.02s (1.09s)
30m: 3.99s (0.97s)
40m: 4.90s (0.91s)
50m: 5.79s (0.89s)
60m: 6.66s (0.87s) ON THE TURN!!!
70m: 7.52s (0.86s)
80m: 8.39s (0.87s)
90m: 8.26s (0.87s)
100m: 10.14s (0.88s)
110m: 11.00s (0.86s)
120m: 11.86s (0.86s)
130m: 12.75s (0.89s)
140m: 13.66s (0.91s)

150m: 14.57s (0.91s)

What heart attack?

It appears that being an arrogant prick helps you run fast. I guess you have to be cocky to be able to pull out what he did during his career - I mean with all the World Titles and Olympic Golds he’s got.

But with that said, I’ve had the feeling that MJ was/is a wanker – just from seeing him on TV and hearing his quotes and all that. But I get the feeling others, such as Maurice and the new bloods (Justin, Tyson, Asafa, even Jeremy?) are all seemingly much nicer than MJ is. Anyone have any experience with other elite sprinters?

does anybody love track more than Maurice?

I have a partner that knows maurice. WE train together sometimes here in florida. When my friend first graduated college he move to LA with no cash to train. He met barry bonds on the track one day and barry got him in with HSI. He said as soon as he started traiining with HSI Maurice took him under his wing. He couldnt stay in cali too long cause of MOney issues, but he still talks to MO from time to time. Mo seems like a cool cat to me.

I lost respect for MJ after his lame showdown with mo when capel blew both of them up.

Watch the discussion- tempting though it is to go into. Once it starts it’s a slippery slope. Let’s just leave it at: the guy’s a prick!

So in other words, you just scratched the tip of the surface with MJ. If you ever meet a guy, the guy would like to hear some of these slippery-slope stories.

That’s enough of that. Get the thread back on track.

Yeah yeah, that’s fair enough.

I’m really keen to see how Wariner reacts in Oslo though, because he’s really been sort of invincible the last few years and then he lost in Berlin to Merritt. So Wariner’s out of the running for his share of the $1m too…

Discussing MJ’s character is important. I want to see what went into his success. Every part of his psyche should be assessed. Plus I want to hear the dirt.

As for Wariner, I know all I need to ever know about him. The guy likes hamburgers (I like hamburgers too) and wishes he could drive an Ashton Martin, more than he likes receiving good training. He might still get gold plus his Ashton though. This is usually his month, coming up.

-Guy

Plus I want to hear the dirt.

MJ not a bad man. I retract my earlier comments.

I agree Doc. MJ is a dick and has been one of the most successful track athletes EVER. Plus he’s Wariner’s idol, agent and manager(??). So why is he not fair game and totally viable. He supported Wariner’s coaching change decision and now Wariner loses his first race in Forever! Surely everyone is man enough to keep discussion away from banned topics if that is where the insinuation was headed.

I am going to play the devils advocate. Has any met MJ here? Or are we judging from hearsay, and rumors. I am sure he is no angel but on the other hand, it’s not exactly fair play to judge him when most of us have never met him.

I didn’t comment either way on his character. I’m neutral.

-Guy

I think I’ll stay neutral from now on. I don’t know the guy.