Wallace Spearmon

I’m intrigued to see what Spearmon will do this year. He has been running more 100s than normal up to this point I feel, and also dabbled in the 60 indoors this winter, something he certainly hadn’t done in the previous couple of seasons. Does anyone know why this is? I’m assuming his change of coaches to his father has had an influence. Who was Spearmon Snr.'s coach? And what were their philosophies? Does anyone know anything more about this? Some of Bauman’s training methods have been posted on the forum, and if anyone has more of an insight into how Spearmon is training now, it would be interesting to compare those.

Be interested to hear, as I really hope he is not another talent that falls by the way side. This time last year he was being talked about in the same breath as Gay over the 200, and mentioned ahead of Bolt. I’d like to see him stay competitive with these guys.

You’re in love with Spearmon man…hahaha…:stuck_out_tongue:

I thought our chat last night was to be kept between us! I’ll start negative repping you too soon!! :wink:

http://track.flocasts.org/videos/coverage/view_video/249-workout-wednesday/66254-episode-9-wallace-jr

Dont know what to say, I hope he does well bc if not all hell break loose.

Anywhere in there did they put those times up for each rep? Looked like 26 or so for the 250 but they kept cutting the shots so I couldn’t tell. Also what rest breaks? This is typical tellez style workout.

Yea, I saw that. It was interesting. Very laid back approach to warming up! He says at one point what the standard recoveries are, 8-12 minutes I think he said, but not specifically for that workout.

lol…i clocked 21 for 250m haha and 16 for 175m…so something was a big off…

This time last year he was being talked about in the same breath as Gay over the 200, and mentioned ahead of Bolt. I’d like to see him stay competitive with these guys.[/QUOTE]
Well since it seems you have no idea on rankings and the world of track and field and i will enlighten you. He is ranked 2nd in the US as of right now, with a time of 20.07:cool:(200m
20.00 Tyson Gay
20.07 Wallace Spearmon
20.08 LaShawn Merritt
20.10 Walter Dix
20.22 Charles Clark) I would definantly say that there is a laps in the film.

Doesn’t matter. He has no chance of gold in Osaka unless Gay or Bolt get hurt or don’t run. He’s shown the past couple years he can’t do it at the big meet. Got blown out by Gay and Bolt multiple times at the big show. He’s done similar things this year.

Osaka?? You must mean Beijing.

There you go. I was thinking about last year when he got owned by Bolt and Gay and misspoke. My bad.