Videos from the Reebok meet

Charlie, if you saw the men’s 200, what are your impressions of Bolt? The tightness in the face was noticeable towards the end, as well as some breakdown with mechanics.

What combination of work elements might aid in alleviating these problems? It doesn’t seem that simply running 400’s here and there is a cure-all.

Thor you’re the man!!!

is drummond gay’s coach?

Probably has input in many phases of his training. Particularly the acceleration aspects. Some similarities are apparent.

Bolt appeared to run the curve well but tighten towards the end. I don’t really see how race-fit he can be yet.
As you say, I don’t think 400s will generate a specific fix, but it may just be a matter of a few more runs.
Suddenly being thrown into the toughest races is less than ideal. I would have preferred another two prep races with lesser competition first but what’s done is done.
I’d leave things alone if he’s running in Eugene and then decide if there is any real problem after that race.

Jon is NOT Gays coach, according to an interview in which Tyson mentions his coach’s name (it excapes me now), but as far as that Adidas meet last week Jon did work with him on some reaction drills before the finals.

Well Tyson’s coach from last year and from college (Brauman) is in jail. He trains in Texas according to multiple accounts (his and observers) and Drummond has been working with him, although I am not sure if he is anymore than a mentor.

No sh*t? In jail?? Was is for an offense regarding a subject not allowed for discussion or something else?

It was some sort of money scam. I forget the exact details, but it wasn’t related to unmentionables.

Interesting how things are being accomplished.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2007-06-03-brauman_N.htm?csp=34

So Brauman pre-made all their workouts for the entire season before going to jail? Hey who needs a coach? I’m gonna go buy a speed program online to cut .5 off my 40 and I’ll improve just like Gay!

Who was Mo’s coach before he switched to HSI? I recall a guy in Kansas.

LMAO! :smiley:
Wonder how much those notebooks will be worth subsequent to possible or near WR performances?

Al Hobson took him from when he was 8 to the WC in Goteburg I believe.

Thor, you are the best. :slight_smile: