USA Performance

Or more accurately termed the obliteration of academia and the subsequent restructuring of the the sport training process as we know it.

Academia will always have say due to politics. we need a system where research can be given and how to apply sports like IAT in Germany. We need to build facilities were kids can get proper training.

Of course academia will always be around; as it should. I’m simply suggesting that its current existence be annihilated and appropriately reconstructed as well as the sport training process as a whole.

I’m in complete agreement with you.

James,

Do you feel maybe some corporations could help. I heard Russia and Germany are building about 400 new facilites. With these new facilities there will more research and new techniques. Have you heard anything new?

In regards to what’s happening overseas, I’ll have to contact my associates for the concrete information.

In regards to corporate support, it already exists to a capacity via the sponsorship for many youth/club programs nationwide as well as the private funding/donations that have been given to high school and collegiate programs since their inception.

Problematically, the challenge is to rework the entire system because as far as the lay populous is concerned (that typically has the funds), as well as many of those who ‘think’ they’re in the know to include professors, coaches, trainers, etcetera, the system is terrifically flawed.

The common perception is that everything is great due to the success that is already attained at various levels of sport.

There are far too few of us who know otherwise and, correspondingly, have the capacity to offer solutions and while it only requires a brief conversation with any reasonably intelligent individuals to convey our points the question remains as to how something may be accomplished on the grand scale.

Thus I revert to the fact that we have the economy and the resources yet the overwhelming majority walks blindly through the ‘Matrix’ oblivious to what ‘is’ while far too few of us populate the minority sub-culture having taken the ‘red pill’.

We, the US, are in fact a country whose sporting institution has gotten by on the most ethnically diverse athletic cross-section on a global scale, booming economy, training resources, cultural/societal motivation/endorsement, sporting/competitive popularity, and believe it or not…void of a

-coaching qualification system that stands up to global scrutiny
-unified physical education model at the elementary and high school level
-sport school system
-fully diversified therapy options (ergo massage, ART, etcetera) in club, high school, collegiate, and professional sporting programs

• and the list goes on

Instead of operating at some equivalent of national training centers our finest coaches (a subjective title indeed) often operate at some level of obscurity (relative to the national perception) in privately owned warehouses, using high school facilities, and so on; driven away from the limitations and confines of the NCAA and lack of state sponsorship.

While the restructuring of the entire system as we know it is the optimal solution- I’m not sure that it’s feasible.

I’ve often thought that the starting point is to gain the corporate, or otherwise, funding for club teams (of all disciplines) that, through the proper coaching/training/therapy/recruitment/selection model quickly begin to gain national/international accolades and then cause the inevitable curiosity on behalf of the greater whole.

Then allow the domino effect to ensue which, in this case (according to my fantasy), builds upon quality momentum as the driving principles, contrary to what currently exists, hold up to any degree of global scrutiny.

James brings up many excellent points. The problem is our “system” (for lack of a better term) is too political and relies on a good-ole-boy network that has too many chiefs and not enough indians… as the old saying goes.

We can no longer be passive as other countries become more “Westernized” in their economic infra-structure which results in a heightened belief in the importance of elite sport success.
Therefore this pretentious belief (from the lay level) that our athletes are genetically superior to the rest of the world and are just going to spring up through the natural progression from youth, scholastic, to collegiate sport will prove to be a thing of the past.

Another question is how do we build track to a premium sport without this mythical belief that it is amateur? If this thought continues, why would athletes bypass football and basketball to stay with track?

Is the US “system” better or worse than the Canadian “system”?

Canadian system : get the kids outa the house and involved in something :slight_smile:

Clearly, we need to be Communist and run sports as a machine to achieve the great success and health awareness of the USSR and East German programs.