US beats Jamaican sprinters

Jamaicans lose US showdown

HOW DO YOU WIN BOTH RACES AND GET CALLED A LOSER? INTERESTING HEADER IN US COVERAGE :wink: kk

Sat, 29 Jan 04:04:00 2011

Jamaicans Veronica Campbell-Brown and Nesta Carter won the sprints but US sprinters claimed victory on points in the US-Jamaica challenge at the 104th Millrose Games.

Related LinksUS reviewing Merritt selection
Diagana ‘seriously injured’ in road accident
World indoor champion and two-time Olympic gold medal winner Campbell-Brown won the women’s 60 metres in a 2011-best 7.11 seconds with Americans Lauryn Williams and Lisa Barber following in 7.22 and 7.23.

Carter, like Campbell-Brown, overcame a slow start to power to victory in a season’s fastest 6.52 in the men’s 60 with Mike Rodgers (6.56) and Trell Kimmons (6.57) second and third in the six-man field comprised of runners from the two sprint powers.

The four podium finishes lifted the US sprinters to first place in the competition against the Jamaicans that is being showcased during the US indoor season.

Bragging rights seemed to matter to the athletes with Rodgers saying: “We didn’t win either race but we got a moral victory.”

Campbell-Brown, a two-time Olympic 200 champion and world champion over 100 metres, was happy with a victory but said her racing this season was all prelude to the world championships.

“It’s a good way to start. It’s a world championships year and I will run each race to prepare,” said Campbell-Brown, who added she planned to race the 100/200 double at the worlds in Daegu, South Korea.

Williams, the 2005 world 100 metres champion and silver medalist in 2007, said she was eager to return to the limelight after skipping most of the 2010 season.

“I got blasted out of the blocks but I closed nicely,” she said. “I think over the next two or three races I’ll find my groove. I feel very refreshed and look forward to this year.”

Reuters

I’m confused…i just watched the footage on USATF site and Melissa Barber won the race quite clearly! Barber won in 7.23, 2nd Place was VCB in 7.24 and 3rd was Muna Lee in 7.24 too.

the site is showing last years videos I havent found any footage of this years games

Heres the Millrose 2011 Womens 60m race in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlkmQHz4C-A

Race clock showed 6.84…lol…then official time was given 7.11…thats some harsh rounding.

Mens 2011 Millrose Games 60m:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99CkQ4qaDLY&NR=1

Wow, all those girls are so muscular.

They may have a high chicken meat diet

^^^ LOL, then I need to eat they same chickens they are eating, they look great!