UFC March 5 2016 McGregor Vs. Diaz

I don’t follow the UFC very closely anymore but this one is very interesting to me-

Both Diaz and McGregor like do a lot of talking… much like Trump and Rubio lately it seems.
McGregor has had a movement coach for some time now.
Diaz has had both Kron and Rickson come up to his place often for some time now as well.
Rickson has been doing his own movement exercise routines since the early 80s. Getting in his “Empty Mind” mode.
When he comes to Lodi, CA (20 min. south of Sacramento) he will still let anyone start in any position on him and yet…he works his way out. He is 56 now.
Rickson is able to use less but dominate.
JJ Machado said “to use less, you must learn more” damn if that ain’t true.

Mcgregor will ko diaz…

I wonder what CM weight will be fight night.
Sucked that his fight with Aldo only lasted a few moments b/c I really enjoy watching both of them fight. I wanted to see how they would counter each other more lol

How do you feel about all the information regarding head injuries with sports such as boxing, football and the like?
I am curious what you find interesting about UFC?
My paternal grandfather was a golden glove boxer in Detroit.
My son is now 17 years old and without any prompting on my part became aware of the idea that heading the ball in soccer might not be a great thing if it can be avoided.
Cathal Kelly is a writer for the Toronto Globe and Mail. He writes some interesting material.I am curious what people think about his views.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/kelly-concussion-film-unlikely-to-spur-crisis-of-faith-among-nfl-believers/article27934651/

You were saying?

[QUOTE=Angela Coon;254160]How do you feel about all the information regarding head injuries with sports such as boxing, football and the like?
I am curious what you find interesting about UFC?
My paternal grandfather was a golden glove boxer in Detroit.
My son is now 17 years old and without any prompting on my part became aware of the idea that heading the ball in soccer might not be a great thing if it can be avoided.
Cathal Kelly is a writer for the Toronto Globe and Mail. He writes some interesting material.I am curious what people think about his views.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/kelly

watched that film on route to rome just 4days ago and was brilliant but powers to be were driven by $$ and F**k the actual players. in regards to UFC…animals these guys are and I’m not saying it lightly. couldn’t give a toss bout the sport but its pulling in the spectators which is what the big guys want from sponsers to promoters etc etc. this is sport this is life and until someone get totally messed up then things might change MIGHT CHANGE

[quote="“X-Man,post:6,topic:45643”]

[b]I just it’s all a relative game out there in life right? I am speaking in very general terms right now.

If you have something to lose vs nothing to lose right? [/b]

There is a fairly strongly documented case of a single soccer player in the UK dying from causes linked to heading the ball. Jeff Astle who was Div1 level and England international.
Other than that there is some concern but pretty low level compared to say rugby.
The focus in both sports in the UK is related to on field concussions - in the case of rugby tight rules on recovery after concussion and potential forced retirement for those suffering multiple concussions.
In the case of soccer referees will stop the game immediately in the case of an apparent head injury.
However there is no agitation to act against regular heading of the ball. All actions seems to focus on the more extreme effects of concussion or regular very strong blows as per say boxing.

Track really is a great sport for the reason that in relative terms, it’s pretty darn safe to train for and compete in.

Head injuries are a major concern for every parent.
Last month my former next door neighbors son got a concussion playing at the school. He will be out of Baseball this year b/c of it.
When I pitched to my son last weekend I asked him to remove his helmet while I pitched to him (tennis ball). There are a few reasons for this but I’m not going to get into that right now.
Let me just say for now that I got his full attention to everything we were doing and his level to detect and protect himself was very high but did not mess up his flow. Otherwise I would have asked him to put it back on.

Anyways, about the fight…
Props to both fighters.

Both of the Fighters took a huge risk and got paid very well for it.
Diaz fought on short notice and did not accept the first couple of offers to get himself more $.
McGregor took on a bigger man and learned to be a good loser…even though after he won one of his fights recently he jumped onto the cage and gave someone the finger. Promoting?

I haven’t watched any of his other fights accept the Aldo one. Aldo is great at all aspects of the game but for whatever reason he charged McG like a rookie would.

McGregor doesn’t jab at all…he had many opportunities to use it and land or set up his left but didn’t. He kept throwing the straight left that never landed flush. He connected many times yes but Diaz would move his head to his left every time to not take the full force of the punch. He cuts very easy by the way so no big deal that he was bleeding. Mc didn’t adjust and kept at doing the same thing over and over.
I have no idea what level/belt (if any) he has earned in ju jitsu but he looked like he is at a 1- white or 2-blue belt level. If he says he claims having a more advanced belt I am not buying it. i.e. end of the first round and didn’t/couldn’t use basic defense on the mat in the 2nd.

I would like to watch him again but fight the ppl that are calling him out. Frankie Edgar is no joke. I would bet on Aldo to win the rematch.

What I would rather watch by far is Kron Gracie vs. Marcelo Garcia grapple each other. Marcelo retired from competition just as Kron was ready to take over and take over he did.

Balance is baseball your sport?

Interesting that you mention the details of the fight. I met with someone today that I’ve known since 1988 and sports casting is his world. He was saying Wrestling is by far the most watched sport excluding Premier League Soccer. I had no idea. Proof that people really love to be entertained. Proof that the politics of sport for the masses are incidental and people just want to watch and enjoy and hang out , discuss move on repeat.

Baseball is one of them nowadays. It was the main one for me growing up with my two younger brothers and kids in the neighborhood. Them were the days.
We would always play strike out and hitting out in front against the wooden garage door. Across the street from the house was a huge park which happened to have grass an angle which was 50-60 feet away which worked out just perfect for a pitching mound. Two of the kids that played with us all the time went on to become some of the best pitchers in the State in HS and College. One of my brothers went on to hit over .400 in the WAC but decided to travel and Coach instead after school. My other brother was pretty darn good as well. They would both tell you or anyone that I was the one that should not have defected from baseball to Track.
I tell my kids about all the battles we had and how much fun we had. My son pretends he is me and my brothers sometimes when he is at bat and not the Major League players lol

To this day, I still make the game more difficult for myself but in Softball. i.e. I use a single wall bat when the rest of the league uses a composite and/or worked bats which give them about 30-40 more feet of distance on the ball. I can hit just as far as anyone even though I am small in softball…5’ 9.5" 170 lbs. On windy days, I refuse to hit easy home runs. I’m low key but if someone talks shit or looks at me wrong or gives me any reason to hit a home run I will. If someone claims they are the fastest…I challenge them on the spot to a race. It’s the way I am wired and brought up. On the internet I am the nicest kid on the block though lol