TYSON GAY 9.77 EASING UP 3M/ Travis padgett 9.89

Yes, the splits would be interesting to see what it looks like BUT I think the splits will tend to be a bit loaded towards the last part of the race, changing the shape of the curve a bit from a legal effort. i don’t think we’ll have to wait a long time to see a legal one, though I suspect it will be Bolt there first.

Just as an aside, who was the asshole flying the plane over the start on BOTH starts. Was that the network or what?

I think Bolt will get under 9.7 too first legally.

Gay’s wind and altitude adjusted basic time equals out to a: 9.85

Regarding the track itself, I read that it had recently been re-surfaced with Beynon.

Altitude?? Anyway I don’t put much faith in comparison tables- too many variables- just like Flo Jo’s 0.0 wind reading. I consider the margin of victory here too great for 9.85- prob closer to a legal 9.80 but that has to be a guess on my part.

Ya Eugene has 126m altitude
and ya a correct time Id think would be more of a 9.83 basic.

Not a company that I have heard off. Is Beynon considered to be a fast surface?

I believe that Beynon used to be Martin merged with some other company or re-named as part of a buyout.

Track installation is a whore’s business. That was a characterization that was made by someone who did it. I know that Martin was bought by Southwest, which was the front company for Balsam in the US. They needed a front to avoid tax issues which they had, mostly in Europe. Southwest went under a few years back. Some of their former employees had started a company called CalTrack, but their high end is Rekortan. So it is entirely possible that Benyon has acquired the old Martin formulas.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yrLMp3qL3jU

I checked the website. It is Martin, at least in name. There is clearly a Nike connection as Beynon is affiliated with FieldTurf.

I agree with John’s view that we keep race discussions separate as much as possible. I put up a thread for the 100M Final. Let’s not have the main 9.68 discussion mixed in with/buried under the 9.77, etc.

Just figured it out, the fastest possible legal time so with a 2m/s tailwind, would be a 9.76.

But obviously! lol too many factors and I dont think we can just move the wind up and down and move the time up and down when were playing with hundreths of a second here.

I agree with you Charlie. Gay’s 100% capacity at this stage, and in my opinion is around 9.77-9.80. It is his PB and an excellent improvement.

Will he run 9.69-9.75 at the OG? I guess it is a possibility but unlikely. On the other hand having seen Bolt running 9.85 while looking back ant talking to Powell was a scary scene. If everything is OK with Bolt I think he will be the first one to crack 9.70.

Powell, as much as I like him, will in the best possible scenario take bronze. Again just my opinion and as Sam Newman said;

"This is an opinion flag. If I have an opinion, I will wave this so you know it’s an opinion, and opinions can’t be wrong,’’ he said.

I’m pretty sure that was NBC’s plane. I doubt if anyone else could get clearance to be over the stadium. It was obnoxiously loud.

Something tells me that Gay hasn’t been brought to his ultimate peak quite yet. He is enough better than everyone than the rest of the Americans that he only needs to hit a partial peak. He’s also pretty good at running rounds. Powell is notoriously bad at this and Bolt is an unknown. I’d put money on Gay to win and Dix to show, but I don’t gamble :wink:

I seem to think too that Gay is a better championship/rounds type of runner than everyone else, but then again Bolt isnt fully tested at this.

Like I said, Bolt is an unknown. I would set the odds slightly against him for this reason. Dix gets it and is rounding into form. I would be very worried about him.