triple extension

Maris
Look at the pictures again. They speak for themselves.

The name of Dwain’s old coach is Selwyn Filbert. They apparently concentrated very much on quality and technique. It is possible that dwain was coached that technique. When he run 10.04 at the age an early age. L Christie commented that dwain was “sitting” when running, probably due to an acute knee angle. The dorsi-flexion would be a result of this sitting style probably.

Believe me Tim looks good when he’s in full flight! When his start is on- look out!

Originally posted by fastdude_24
with respect to hip height and full extention, sprinters like Mo and Dwain don’t use it, they rely on the clawing action more heavly. What are some thoughts on this?? I ask b/c it seems that the sprinters that use the triple extension seem to use their legs like a sewing machine in and up and down fashion and have great turnover. But athletes like Mo and Dwain rely on the fronstide to pull them along… … anyone care to take a stab?

Look at where touch-down takes place, they are not pulling. Flojo is a good example to look at. If you watch tape of her at regular speed, it looks like all she has is frontside mechanics, but if you slow it down you can see triple extension.

with respect to hip height and full extention, sprinters like Mo and Dwain don’t use it, they rely on the clawing action more heavly. What are some thoughts on this?? I ask b/c it seems that the sprinters that use the triple extension seem to use their legs like a sewing machine in and up and down fashion and have great turnover. But athletes like Mo and Dwain rely on the fronstide to pull them along… … anyone care to take a stab?