Triple Ex

I was wanting to know if I’m getting the proper Triple Ex?

Thank!

Kenny Mac

I can feel the need for better ROM in the hip area.

I notice when I run out of my speed phase around 55m, I know I’m relaxed but I feel the deceleration.

I know by pushing uses more energy, but I feel the lost of speed.

How can one fix this?

Thanx!

Kenny Mac ~

High Speed Camera over 500 pictures taken every .001 of a sec I believe.

I participated in a biomechanics class study recently at San Francisco State Univ.

The students calculated the angular velocities (ankle, hip, elbow, etc.), frequency, step length over 100m.

Results:

Finish Time: 10.97 ( FAT)
Best 10m .97 at 53m
Flying 30m, from 30 to 60m 3.00
Step Length (Max) 2.14 m
Max Frequency 4.48
20-30m Time 1.08

Kenny Mac

Is this a god picture of steppin over?

Shot at 40 meters split time 5.08

Need the shots from the last frame shown to just before the first frame shown, so we can see the whole picture as you pass BDC. Looks like the hips are low from what I can see so far.

Kenny Mac did the class have their own HSC or did u buy one? does anyone have one or know where u can purchase one and the price of one? I would like to get one for my personal use…to see what i may look like when i am running…now that i may be a future bobsledder and skeleton slidder…woooo!

There is a fair drop on ground contact so any apparent full extension after this is due to pushing after BDC. More elastic work and/or flexibility work is needed.

This is a better view.

How is your lower leg elastic response? Do you do things like hurdle hops?
Ever had any foot problems?
Any knee problems?
When did you last get your psoas released?

Has anyone ever asked you “What’s the frequency Kenneth?”

If so, you can now tell them 4.48! :sing:

Looks good!

Email me if you have any question.

Thanks

Kenny Mac~~

How you know my SF is 4.48 steps/ sec?

From the video?

Kenny Mac~~

DcW23 writes:

This is a better view.

How is your lower leg elastic response? Do you do things like hurdle hops? yes, 5 sets over 8 hurdles
Ever had any foot problems? YEA, Right NOW! Season ending I think! Planta Facia
Any knee problems? None
When did you last get your psoas released? Never, why? How can you tell !

Thanks!

Kenny mac~~

Originally posted by dcw23
Has anyone ever asked you “What’s the frequency Kenneth?”

If so, you can now tell them 4.48! :sing:

Ha!!!:smiley:

Loved that one dcw23!!

Originally posted by Kenny Mac
When did you last get your psoas released? Never, why? How can you tell !

As you can see I’ve highlighted the thigh angle in the sequence below. One of my guesses as to what’s making you “sit” is tightness in the psoas limiting hip extension. You can see that the thigh looks limited in extension, i.e. the upper and lower leg should be closer to a straight line than they are.

Here’s where you find your psoas
http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Iliopsoas.html

Its a very very common thing to need released so if you have never had this done, it could be limiting extension.

The other guess re the foot is that you have developed a style of running to protect your foot. Think about how someone runs when they stub a toe for instance. You are going to modify how you extend your leg so you don’t hurt your foot. You don’t actually think about this, you just do it. My mate fjLee is going to convert the WMV video that he posted to something not so limiting so that we can analyse this better.

I going to get this done ASAP!

I have been feeling a lot of tightness in my hip area during my last 4 races.

So are you saying that I’m picking up my foot off the ground too quickly w/ each stride?

Thanks dcw23

Kenny Mac~

How can I test myself as far as the ROM
for the psoas area, ie, steppin over a broom stick?

Kenny Mac~~