training locations in Jackson, MS?

I will be in Jackson, MS for Thanksgiving and was wondering if anyone is from that area and can recommend a track and/or gym.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks.

lots of good gyms. google the courthouses or the clubs. feel free to call me at 901-335-9822. i used to travel and train in jackson a few months per year. jackson prep and jackson academy shoud have good tracks. there is also a good track at jackson state. i’ve never trained at millsaps college, but the saints have training camp there every year.

Many thanks. I will actually be a bit south (Byram) but there is a Courthouse gym there that I will definitely check out. If I can’t find a local track in Byram, Jackson is only ~10-15min away so I will look for the schools you mentioned.

i forgot mississippi college has a good track it’s fifteen or twenty minutes from byram in clinton. nobody is ever at that track, and there is a babtist healthplex on the mississippi college campus. the clinton and jackson baptist health plexes have good equipment and decent indoor tracks that i’ve done short speed and tempo work on.

where did you end up in jackson?