Training for Soccer

For my tempo workouts I am trying to work up to the 12000 suggested in the CF for soccer thread. In my case I am shooting for 6000-8000 spread over 2 days and a 3rd day on the bike.

Yes I have extremely tight calves. I have a ton of very sensitive spots on the outsides of my lower leg (both legs) and I find that self massage of these spots with a lacrosse ball following workouts is very helpful.

And yes as an athlete I tend to err on the side of doing too much. I know it is better to do too little than too much but it is often so hard to resist.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an ems unit. In a couple weeks I should have access to a pool so I can do tempo stuff there too.
I have thought about replacing a sprinting day with med ball throws as I understand both are high intensity, it would also serve to reduce the impact stress on my legs.

at my last club I got massage after trainings but unfortunately I don’t have that option any more :frowning: so it is self massage at least for the immediate future.