Training Abs Everyday/recovery

Thanks fir the reply. In retrospect, I should have switched to a more seasoned coach instead of being a guinea pig, having the coach lured in by the latest fad. I did get fit and was able to get to a 36.1. 300, and a 2 min 3 sec 800 ( not shabby for a sprinter). One highlight though was the K of C games and watching Innocent Egbunike break the indoor 300 m record. Our club demolished the Calgary Spartans in a 4 x 100 relay. Ben and Charlie told our coach, who also ran that we had the best passes they had ever seen! On a weird note, my first coach was the disgraced Ken Porter! Always thought he was an odd duck, luckily I was 18 and too old for him!

Retro thinking might be helpful when it facilitates improvement and change.
Coaching has been unregulated in the past and many athletes have relied on volunteers and unpaid coaches.
Parents and teachers sometimes have a lot or too much on their plates and this is where sport might be a great place for young people to find their way.
Even large organizations like the NHL are only now figuring out aspects of their system that include benefitting their players. It’s called a union.
Relays are exciting because they shine a light on cooperation and team effort which are traits often not fostered in individual sports, track as one example.