Total Body/Westside program

Hey guys i was wondering if you could critque/comment on this 3day total body workout i came up with. After searching and reading the forums i’ve came to the conclusion that total body is a better way to train as an athlete then split workouts like upper/lower. Heres the first 2weeks i came up with.

Week 1-Monday
A1)Box Jump-75% of best jump 3x5
A2)Bench Press-Heavy set of 5reps

B)Pistols-3x10
C)Seated Front Press-3x8
D)Back Extension-3x12
E)Lat Pulldown-3x10
CORE

Wednesday
A1)Box Jump 80% of best jump 3x5
A2)Back Squat-Heavy set of 5reps

B)DB Bench(timed)-3x30seconds
C)Step Ups-3x8
D)Pull Ups-3x10
E)GHR-3x6
CORE

Friday
A1)Box Jump 85% of best jump 3x5
A2)Speed Bench-6x3reps

B)BB Reverse Lunges-3x12
C)Weighted Dips-3x6-8
D)Pull Throughs-2x15
E)Seated Row-3x12
CORE

Week 2-Monday
A1)Box Jumps w/Vest 75% 3x5
A2)Speed Squat-6x2reps

B)DB Floor Press-3x12
C)SL Squat W/back leg elevated(timed)3x30sec
D)Bent Over Row-3x8
E)Dimel Deadlift-2x15
CORE

Wednesday
A1)Box Jumps w/Vest 80% 3x5
A2)Bench Press-Work up to a 3rep max

B)Walking Lunges-3x12
C)Military Press-3x8
D)RDL-3x10
E)Dumbbell Rows-3x12
CORE

Friday
A1)Box Jumps w/Vest 85% 3x5
A2)Back Squat-Work up to a 3rep max

B)Band Pushups-3x10
C)step ups-3x12
D)Chin ups-3x8
E)Band Leg Curls-3x20
CORE

So what do you think guys? Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

look like u r trying to put louie article ideas into action, what are your goals with this workout, r u running if so how much??

Yeah im definitly trying to put louies ideas into action. My goals are basically to get bigger,faster, and stronger, right now i’m doing no running. I was thinking on tuesdays and thursdays to do sled dragging?

r u a wrestler if so i would kill the pulls like chinups, pullups, h pullups, rows etc?

It’s a long story but no right now i’m not a wrestler. Infact i want to take one more shot at playing football. I was recruited by a Division2 school out of high school, but i decided to take a year off from school so i couldn’t play. But now that same school that recruited me i am going to walk-on. The team is not very good they fired the prior coaching staff(that recruited me). So that’s my goal right now play college ball.

if ur number one goal is to play fb then i wouldnt follow that program. whats ur stats:
height/weight/body fat/position
bp/sq/pc
vj/slj/40/shuttle

5’10’’/215-220lbs/???/I played WR,RB, and SS in HS.
405/551/Don’t know how to perfrom the OL’s
?/?/4.65 was my best in HS/???

What program would you reccomend then?

i would probably stick to ss or rb, if ur strength numbers are accurate then u r good there, so i would really focus on speed and agility. i would try and learn the ol’s u can just do clean and snatch pulls and u would be ok. i would do something below, remember this is only one phase of training and i would make changes 6-8 weeks later or do something totally diff:

strength training:
mon:
clean pull
back squats
bench press
rev hypers
chinups

wed:
jump squats
rdl
speed bench
pullups

fri:
snatch pull
spilt squats
225 rep work
db rows
gluthams

speed training:
mon: acc + agility
300-500 meters

tue: tempo
1000 and bb circuits

wed: acc and top speed
300-500meters
for example
4x20 pushup starts
4x20 mout climber start
6xflying 20 with 30 acc zone

thur: tempo
1200/bb circuits

fri: acc + agility
300-500meters

sat: general activity

Thanks for the help. What would the sets and reps look like for the given exercises?

just like i said this is only one phase and i dont know where ur current fitness level is, but the guy i had on this program he only had 9 weeks so he did 3 week load, 1 unload, 3 week load, 2 week taper:

wk1:
80%
wk 2:
85%
wk3:
90%
wk 4:
75-80%
wk 5:
90%
wk6:
95%