Toronto Power outages

Dear Members

Toronto has been experiencing intermittent power outages and service has now fully resumed. We took things down for a bit until service was stable here.

Thank you

More here on the power outages

Geez - Theres cold snaps then there is Cold Snaps… Just how cold did it get? -30 i seen… Thats crazy. Under ground water pipes freezing - how many burst due to the expansion of the ice in the pipes? insane.

Its 9am here in Toronto and its -19.4, I just got back from a very quick walk to the store.

Legs…numb…can’t…type…

It was wild out there. A ruptured water main flooded a power relay station and put a huge downtown blocvk out for a full night. Bloody cold with no furnace I’ll bet- they missed our area thankfully and at least I have fireplaces!!

Sorry to hear about the weather in Toronto. It has been a while since I experienced those temperatures as I remember a few years ago it being minus 20 F with ice/ snow covered roads and having to run outside daily in upstate New York. We also experienced some unseasonably cold weather in Hawaii the last few days with high winds and temps in the low 70 degrees F. which even closed the schools yesterday… :slight_smile: Charlie

Shut up Charlie! Funnily enough, as we were getting pissed on for another 15cm of snow during our drive home, we were just talking about the 3 New Years we spent there.
The trouble with Hawaii is no one wants to hear about someone ELSE’S time there!

PS Would this be a bad time to ask when you’re coming up here??

Hey Charlie, I plan on visiting you soon (within the next year) as I am moving to central California in three months which will make the trip to Toronto easier (and less expensive) than Hawaii. Take care, Charlie

Just a follow up on the power outages, 2 major banks sitting on corners adjacent to our data center are STILL CLOSED due to a power outage…gee…glad we’re up!!!

haha, now we can lay the blame for the Credit Crisis to a real situation then?
“we’ll stop lending money when my bank freezes over”