Toronto Italian Film Festival

7th ANNUAL TORONTO ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL
@ Bloor Cinema

Wed. June 8 – Sun. June 12, 2005

WHAT: The 7th Annual TORONTO ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL (www.italianfilmfest.com). The Festival offers the latest in contemporary Italian cinema, placing the films, their makers and their stars in the Canadian spotlight. The 2005 film line-up showcasing 10 full-feature films and 13 shorts, including “Upaya” presented in person by international singing star Romina Power. The festival will also be presenting a lifetime achievement award to a charismatic Italian Canadian actor/writer/director!

WHEN: Wednesday, June 8 to Sunday, June 12, 2005

Opening ceremony: held at Bloor Cinema on Wednesday, June 8, 2005 with the feature film “Mari Del Sud” at 7:00 pm. Following the film, the opening night gala for the public will be held at Lot 332 (332 Richmond St. W.) starting at 9:30 pm.

Closing ceremony: held at Bloor Cinema on Sunday, June 12, 2005 with feature film

“Il Transformista” at 7:00 pm. Following the film, the closing night gala for the public will be held at Toula Restaurant (1 Harbour Square, 38th Floor) starting at 9:30 pm.

WHERE: The Bloor Cinema, 506 Bloor Street West, 416.516.2330

TICKETS: Can be purchased starting Wednesday, June 1 by contacting the TORONTO ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL office at 416.657.0100 or at the following four locations: Bloor Cinema at 506 Bloor St. W., 416.516.2330; MVP Video & Records at 604 College Street, 416.534.6121; Ital Records at 1339 St. Clair Ave. W., 416.654.8272 and Plaza Pontiac Buick at 3400 Dufferin Street, 416.781.5271.

The TORONTO ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL was launched in 1999 and screens films by both new and established filmmakers, from Italy and Canada, as well as classics from legendary masters. It is an annual event not just for Italians, but for the community at large who love Italian cinema at its best. The presence of some of the films’ stars and directors for question and answer sessions with the audience has become a much anticipated and exciting part of the Festival. The Opening and Closing Galas, as well as the Cocktail Parties, are very much a focal point of the Festival and audiences enjoy the opportunity to meet and schmooze with both visiting and local celebrities.

You going Rupert? I think my parents might go, my dad did a movie extra in some Mafia movie, so he’ll want to go I’m sure.

I heard the funny and talented Joe Avati may be there, but not performing, he was just here in TO and I missed going.

I’m going to go to a few films and the opening party at the Windsor Arms.

You?

Rupert

Not sure yet, I will see if I can make one of those dates.