TJ2K's Training Journal

TJ2K,

I am sure that Nightmare or 716 can answer this more completely then I, but MD6 contains l-norephedrine (which is a banned substance in many sports, I’m reasonably certain track is one of them), and a substance known as PPA (haven’t taken organic chemistry yet, so I can’t really tell you what that means). It is my understanding that PPA containing products have been now become illegal to produce for OTC sales, here in the US, due to implications of health risks. On t-mag.com (a subsidiary of Biotest), they reassure us that the FDA (Food and Drug Administation) is taking a reactionary stance based on bad science. Remember that they sell the product, though. In terms of MD6 helping you stay lean while bulking up, I don’t think that that is a good idea. At your age (and physical performance level), you probably don’t have a major issue with staying lean, so fat gain probably won’t be that much of a problem. Also, taking a product that increases your metabolism might make it more difficult for you to stay in positive caloric balance. Before he died, Dan Duchaine postulated that taking ephedrine (similar to MD6) might help with weight gain, because the BODYBUILDER could eat more carbs by staying lean, but you a track ATHLETE. If I have Mr. Francis’ philosophy right, you should train for function, feed your body as needed, and body form WILL come around. I believe it is as simple as that, but I may have missed something, as I read CTFS over the course of the last three days, while playing football and doing 18 credits of school work. But long story short, MD6 is probably not necessary, and might not even be beneficial. Sorry if I rambled.

thanks - i never purchased it in the end anyway

TJ2K,

it doesnt make sense to me when i see guys jump 14m using like a 85%-90% run up speed.

Theyre probably not strong enough to handle more speed at the moment. In your case that may be true too. Sometimes more speed doesnt mean more distance. The faster you run the better your technique (and strength) needs to be to handle the speed on each phase.

Dont worry about them. Focus on what you want to do. You seem to be making good progress at the moment. As long as your improving each season, thats all that matters. By the way, how long have you been TJing?

llenny

i have been tjing since grade 6 but that was because i did all the events in elementary school.
i sucked in elementary school i wasnt even the top 5 jumper or runner in any event.

i just started sprint training and weight lifting in the summer. So about 1 year.

Weights & sprints for one year is good. Looks like you have a lot of room for improvement. Keep it up.

llenny

new pb saturday:
13.60m
i faulted some bigger jumps, it was a good day indeed

well done TJ2K

llenny

Congrats on new PB TJ2K

over the summer i completed chris t’s ovt program to gain in muscle mass and strength. i gained a lot of muscle without any gain in wieght.
for the past 7 weeks i have been doing a westside training program and have increased my full squat 40 lbs since then and can now full squat 270 lbs (without a spotter). I can bench 50 lbs more than i could last year as i can now BP 195 lbs.

my bodyweight is 165-170 (at most) lbs (at 6’3)

i couldnt believe how strong i was in the squat. last year i had trouble half squatting that number because 270 was my max HALF squat.

im going to continue the westside stuff for another 5-6 weeks.