Tiger's workout?????????

No wonder Tiger Woods never wants to talk about his training and keeps it a secret. :eek: The full article is here

Turns out there is a lot more to Woods’ routine than what his fellow pros see him doing during tournament weeks—which is mainly just 30 minutes of cardiovascular work and another 30 minutes of strength training.

When he is not competing, Woods typically spends three or four hours a day, five times a week, in the gym. For these high-intensity workouts, said my source (let’s call him Deep Bunker), he varies the focus of each session from strength training to improvements in cardiovascular performance. He usually starts with 30 minutes of some kind of cardiovascular warm-up exercise such as pedaling on a stationary bike. Then he’ll perform a 30-minute session of total-body stretching, focusing on the muscles of the legs and trunk. A trainer assists him with physical therapy, manipulating his body to prepare the joints for the rigors of swinging a golf club as violently as Woods does. Everything from the kneecaps to the vertebrae are prepared for battle.

For Woods, a typical three- or four-hour workout combines light cardio exercise and some heavy lifting.

Then it’s back to cardiovascular exercise. In the gym, he varies the machines he uses for this, including a treadmill, a stair stepper and a climbing machine that focuses on his upper body. Woods "loves to run, and will jog usually three to four miles, and almost always on grass,’’ Deep Bunker said.

When Woods finishes his cardio workout, he moves to strength training. On high-intensity days, he lifts 80 percent of his maximum weight doing exercises such as the bench press, the shoulder press and squats. (Some people who have seen him work out estimate he can bench-press about 300 pounds.) One of the reasons Woods added 25 pounds to his frame is that he focused his weight training on lifting heavy weights in sets of six to eight repetitions.

His training involves almost anything you find in a gym—weight machines, free weights, dumbbells, medicine balls and various items for stretching and balancing, such as inflatable rubber “physio” balls and foam cylinders. But what Woods does differently from a typical weight lifter, says Deep Bunker, is that he tries to perform various exercises in movements and positions that mimic the golf swing. He works on his golf posture and grip strength while, say, lifting dumbbells.

Woods also performs many exercises that build core strength. This term, relatively new to fitness, means strengthening the muscles that stabilize your body. Core training involves keeping the torso in place while taking your limbs through different movements. This allows you to improve the muscles of the abdomen and back, key muscles needed for the twisting the body withstands during the golf swing. For instance, Woods may kneel on an inflatable ball and perform an exercise like a dumbbell curl while trying to maintain his balance on the ball. He also anchors long rubber bands to fixed positions and performs movements similar to the golf swing.

To end each session, he’ll stretch out again to cool down. It’s an important part of his routine—and besides, it’s not as if he’s in any hurry to get out of there. “He’d go for six hours in the gym if he could,” Deep Bunker explained. “It’s no secret how much he loves the gym.”

Not anymore.

Has anyone heard of this new concept of core strength? :confused:

LOL, did you see that sidebar about the Tiger look alike pulling in $100,000 a year!

Yes I did and have since placed my order for Black like me by John Howard Griffin :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You’re kidding about the core strength question, right? It’s mostly gimmicky material about training “the core”.

Of course I was joking. :smiley:

Oh! ha-ha!! :smiley: :smiley: