The Transformation of an Athlete - Live Strong's change from Boy to Beast

What sounds like lazy talk? Do you think I should start the gpp now? I had discussions with members on the board and they told me otherwise. If you think i should stick to the original plan, that can still be done…

I think it’s great that, at your age, you have the awareness that you do. But just because you’re 17 and in GPP, that doesn’t mean you can’t go to the weightroom. The BW stuff is fine, it just shouldn’t be the cornerstone for as long as it is. I’d go 3 weeks max and then throw it in on tempo days just to stay in touch with it. From a physique standpoint, you need to look the part first and push-ups, yoga, Javorek complexes, and ball slams ain’t gonna cut it.

Mustang,

Thanks for the reply and great advice. I would also like to say that it is not like I have never lifted before. I have been on complex lifting programs for the last 2 years…

July 19, 2005

Today I had a real good workout. I did a 40 minute tae bo video followed by a 15 minute ab (pilates) video. Great workout.

I followed this up with 40 minutes of stretching with the fraid nots. My diet has also been real good…

July 20, 2005
I hoped to do tempo today, but it is raining. I will do something though. I will edit the post later…

Haven’t been updating this often. I will start updating 7 days a week…

July 26, 2005

40 Minute tae bo video
200 ab reps
20 minutes stretching

this program is doomed.

Always so positive Clemson :smiley:

My point is this guy wants to be a beast but he trains with billy blanks! crush the IRON!

Why not start now? What reasons did they give? You don’t have to name names.

My biggest problem is that I am hearing totally opposite opinions from everyone on the board. Some people tell me to start gpp later and focus on bodyweight work, others tell me to start the gpp now. I made a post on tae bo and had a response of people saying how they had great experiences with it, so I thought I would try it.

I am confused as who to listen to or what to do. I suppose I might as well forget it all and go back to the original gpp plan.

I have talked with you about this. You say you are not in shape enough to do your GPP program, but is that not the point? To help whip you into shape a bit? I don’t see why the bodyweight work couldn’t work for a little bit (a couple or a few weeks maybe), but you could definitely start with hill sprints and the like before then.

I think the best solution would be just to start with the gpp program. I am not in too poor of shape to do it, I was just looking for variety. I will revert back to the original plan…

After some controversy, I decided to go back and start with the original plan. However, I am going to start with day 1 of week 1 next monday. I went ahead and did the thursday workout today, and will continue on for the rest of the week as if this is week 1. BUT, I will just be starting week 1 on monday.

July 28, 2005
Tempo

-30 minute extended warmup
-2x3x100m at 20s pace, 40 seconds rest between runs and 100m walk between sets
-300 ab reps
-20 minutes microstretching

Easy tempo workout. I am starting with low meterage and building up, but this was not a very tough workout.

I hate to sound like a mean person here, but I think Clemson was right (or you’ve been following your program for two weeks and just havent updated). I left on 7/27, and I came back on 8/10 and nothing has really changed in this journal. It doesnt matter what the other members say - sure, their advice is always good - but in the end it comes down to you and what your willing to commit to the program. I used to be like you, I’d design these wonderful training regimens on paper but when the time came to put in the work I just couldnt hack it. Eventually, I learned to nut up and do it. Hopefully, you can get your stuff in gear and finish what you’ve started (or at least planned to start). I’m not trying to get down on you here, but I just wanted to get you jumpstarted. Hopefully you get to work and all goes well. Good luck.

I’m following what I call the super simple system in lifting for exactly this reason. I used to plan this, that, the other, and my attention was scattered and I’d fizzle. Now I do a program I made that looks too simple, but I’ve been working hard and having results I can see.