the power suit

QUOTE : “he said the email was a glitch and wasn’t supposed to be sent the cf members”

Sorry I dont believe this. I got this email as well, along with a load of other CF members.

Where else would he have got the email addresses of CF members except through a CF database ?? Nobody in CF would have handed over the database.

• So the email adresses materialised at his new venture then magically got transmitted to us all ?
    Theft of contact details and abuse of my email details - I have authorised CF to contact me with offers, not for my details to turn up elsewhere through his dodgy practises.

I’m not buying that either. That excuse is pure garbage.

Easy enough mistake to make. Compose a new message, copy/paste everybody’s email address & then accidentally press send.

Enough with the conspiracies already.

the bit in bold is key. I got the email to 2 email addresses one of which set as a default at one stage on the store but never bought anything. I don’t recall any CF.com emails ever going to that email address.

Ange has no reason to mislead, was up front and honest about what is obviously a tricky matter. She has my support 100%.

I dug this out of my spam folder. Does what follows really look like a mistake to you?

Dear Friends, Athletes, Coaches

After 10 years of working with the legendary Sprints and Speed Coach Charlie Francis I have gotten involved with a great new company ThePowerSuit.net. We are the producers of a revolutionary training suit that allows you to integrate a weighted vest and shorts into your speed training programs. I wanted to bring this exciting new product to your attention as the suit is currently being used by the reigning World and Olympic Champion Usain Bolt with amazing results.

I’m just the messenger. I don’t have all the details and I really don’t care to get involved either way. My understanding is that he has several databases and didn’t mean to send the CF list. He did compose the email that I received along with several of my friends. Obviously it was from CF members. I’m not sure if he should have it or not and it’s not my place to get involved.

No mistake. Believe what you want. Why would he have among his personal e-mail addresses or those of another business venture, mine and others here when official CF business was done from info@charliefrancis.com?

Also, it happened twice at separate times -two different e-mails. No coincidence.

Lets hope he hasnt got a database with my credit card details from my purchases from the CF store.
I hate to think he might accidently paste that in an email to someone.

Can you point me to any discussions or articles you know of involving the weighted vest? Thanks.

Original Link: Weight Vest training.

Original Link: Weight vest?.

Original Link: Training with a weight vest.

I can’t speak to that. I’m just a member like everyone else here. I was fortunate enough to workout with Charlie and his staff a few times so I just made a call to see what was going on. I’m sure that Angie will clear up any confusion at the appropriate time.

Know one has noticed that he threw charlie’s name on the email to bring more credibility to it.

I took it as he was giving credibility to himself by mentioning Charlie, not the product. Let’s not get carried away with bashing him.

In addition to the cf.com links above, this one is a bit more detailed:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/bridge-the-gap.htm

For next season’s GPP, I’m interested in the version of contrast training in the Jamaincan video I linked earlier, although I’m probably going to use a hill rather than a vest.

Don’t have any personal experience with a vest.

In addition to the cf.com links above, this one is a bit more detailed:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/bridge-the-gap.htm

For next season’s GPP, I’m interested in the version of contrast training in the Jamaican video I linked earlier, although I’m probably going to use a hill rather than a vest.

Don’t have any personal experience with a vest.

CF has covered this in the 2002 forum review. The only time he recommends using a vest is during drills of up to an 8second duration. In the speed strength video he has the athlete doing running a’s and b’s while holding a 10kg weight plate. A weight vest would make it a lot more convenient doing these drills.

He also says that using a vest during sprints will cause the hips to lower causing footstrike to occur further ahead of the body which would increase ground contact times and increase the chance of a hamstring pull.

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=23216

seems pretty clear to me.

Hi Everyone,

This is Rupert, yes my system sent out a email to you all. It’s legit but we had some issues with the server. If you have any questions just send me a quick note to ryoung@thepowersuit.com.

Best

Rupert

Yes, thank you. I have seen those threads post by Radio and had seen the Elitefts article as well. I was hoping someone had an actual study with control groups etc. I like sleds and hills, but I feel those contribute primarily to acceleration. I’m interested in adding drills such as bounds, and possibly something with the vest, to improve the vertical component and hopefully improve not only acceleration but Max V.

I’m not sure of the purpose of your post then. I really don’t care what happened. Like I said before, Rupert asked me to put the post up and I did. I have no other involvement.