The Permanent Pain Cure by Ming Chew

I just got a new book written by Ming Chew entitled The Permanent Pain Cure. It was just released. Some of you over 30 might remember Ming from a couple bodybuilding magazine covers in the late 80’s and early 90’s. He’s a PT based in New York. I had the good fortune to meet him briefly at a Poliquin seminar in 2000. Very nice guy.

The Permanent Pain Cure covers the system that Ming uses to supplement his manual techniques. His methods comprise myofascial stretching and release techniques adapted largely from Guy Voyer’s methods and ART. This is the only widely available book that I know of that teaches Voyer’s myofascial and ELDOA techniques (Ming does not use the term ELDOA, but rather spinal decompression, which is basically what ELDOA stands for).

The book does not cover the entire ELDOA and myofascial stretching system. However, it does teach key stretches that are probably of most benefit to the majority of readers. The ELDOAs that are shown are selected according to the nerve roots that pass through the vertebral segments in question, e.g., delts, biceps, quads, hamstrings, etc.

Most of the myofascial stretches are slightly modified from Guy’s original versions (at least the versions I know), but I can definitely tell that they come from Guy. I also think some of Ming’s modifications are nice improvements.

The last section of the book teaches self soft tissue release techniques that are clearly modified from ART.

The book sells on Amazon for $25US.

haha that sounds like some sort of press release. is the book recommended?

Sorry, yes I recommend it. Maybe I should charge Ming a PR fee. It’s a really good book and covers techniques that are very hard to learn about without traveling to a few specialized (and expensive) seminars.

I still consider Stretch to Win by Ann and Chris Frederick to be the best single book on stretching, but Ming’s book is an excellent complement to it, with more emphasis on therapeutic applications.

Thanks, Flash!

http://www.mingmethod.net/Pressrelease.pdf

Thank you flash!