65lbs x3
65lbs x3
85lbs x5
85lbs x5

Clean+Jerk
85lbs x5
85lbs x5
85lbs x5

Summary: Wanted to change it up today. Wanted to focus on bar speed. Felt very explosive with the light weight. This week will be just lots of olympic lifts then next week I don’t know what I’m going to do with spring practice starting up.

Power Snatch
125lbs x1; form was horrible so dropped weight
105lbs x3
105lbs x3
105lbs x3

Overhead Squat
95lbs x6
95lbs x6
95lbs x6

Good Mornings
115lbs x6
115lbs x6
115lbs x6

Pistol Squats
x8
x8

Leg Curls
30lbs x10 each leg
30lbs x10 each leg

Summary: Lower body session today was good. This is how the light lowerbody workout will look of my post-spring practice routine. just about every exercise I did after I got done I could really feel that my lowerback/core was being worked. Taking the weekend off before Spring Practice. Might maybe do some tempos if I don’t go out Saturday.

Bench Press
135lbs x8
155lbs x5
185lbs x2
200lbs x1
235lbs x0
235lbs x0

Power Clean
135lbs x5
155lbs x4
185lbs x0

Caught some passes…

Practice went very well. There were so many guys playing the same position as me that when I went in it was the only time I got too. no dropped passes today.

Summary: If I was to grade this day overall it would be a B+ only becasue practice went so well. weight room was alright. I got some good volume in on bench. Power Clean is so weak now for some reason. The way you perform on the field matters and I’m performing so I’m not really down on it.

Practice went well. A scout was there I think but while he was there I wasn’t in much because I was tryin to let everyone get reps. During the spring there are a ton of young guys who don’t know what they were doing so I was trying to help them learn and get reps. Going to start being more agressive though with my reps. With the one rep I got at the 1on1’s got off the press perfect with maybe one of our best corners got open but pass was behind me.

Wednesday
Happy Biirthday to me! Practice was good today did decent about an average day for me.

Thursday
Not a good day at all had numerous dropped passes. Some guy told me my gloves where horrible. Then I checked them and the tack had worn off down to the fabric so it was like trying to catch with a shirt on my hands.

Friday
I had bought some new gloves a month ago but I was trying to wait until my spring game to use them but it was an emergency. Practice went well though it was just helmets today because a lot of guys were banged up. Really did good sticking and steming my routes. I need to work on leaning and steming my routes better. Basically just a review day.

Summary: This offense is a lot of fun. When we go to the U of Troy we get to stay in dorms and learn with the actual players, which will be really cool. It’s great because a lot of the offensive plays go through me andare only for me like a reverse and trick plays like the Boise State play that put them in OT and the Hook-n-Ladder.

At school…

Bench Press
worked up to 220lbs x1

At home…

Close Grip Incline Press
115lbs x8
135lbs x6
155lbs x3.5 failure

Bent Over BB Rows
95lbs x10
95lbs x10
95lbs x10

Standing Donkey Press
35lbs x15
55lbs x12

Power Snatch
55lbs x10
55lbs x10

Summary: Haven’t worked out for real in a while. Gonna hopefully do some plyos today and work upper tommrow with when I get hom early from school.

Haven’t posted in a while because of spring practice. It went well. Had a couple off days but it was all good. Spring game didn’t do much. Got wide open on first play but was overthrown. Then I got two catches on screena dn had about 10 total yards.

Ankle Bounces
3x30

Squat Hops
3x10

Uphill sprints
4x60yards

Downhills Sprints
2x60yards

Summary: I was just about to do a plyo session but then I decided to do the plyos like a lil warmup then tried out some hills. I’m so glad I actually got out there and ran. I just discovered a SPARQ team challenge in my area. I’m going to try and get my coach to let the team go, but if not I’ll go by myself. I have 10 weeks. That is plenty of time to get faster. I’m going to start incorporating overspeed training(hills) I read some research and the results were good in 8 weeks. If I just kep at it hopefully I can run in the 4.6’s laser. This is what I’m shooting for at the combine:
Height - 5’7"?
Weight - 165-170lbs
Bench - 10+ reps
40 - 4.6 range
5-10-5 - sub 4.2
Vertical Jump - 33 inches

Good luck with the goals, the higher the better. But I would probably drop the Downhill sprints/Overspeed training, it will only lead to injury. Just run on a flat surface, get someone to time you and try to set personal bests.

Thanks. See I don’t have anyone to time me. I’ll have to do my speed workouts during the summer along with the conditioning, agility, speed work they do. Our conditioning is basically tempos though then we do cone drills with no short rest and sometime tire pulls with little rest. I had read on here about downhill/overspeed training being bad then I went to another forum and saw that it was recommended so many times by numbers of people. Then I read a study about it also where people saw good results.

Speed Bench (various grips)
95lbs x3
95lbs x3
95lbs x3
95lbs x3
95lbs x3
95lbs x3
95lbs x3
95lbs x3

Nose Breakers
65lbs x10 strict form
65lbs x10 strict form

Upright Rows
65lbs x12 strict form
65lbs x12 strict form

Summary: Barspeed was surprisingly slow for a weight that low. Might go out tonight and practice the 5-10-5 and broad jump.

Cardio Session

Basketball
Played 2on2 for about a 1/2 hour non-stop. My game is getting back to where it was from a couple years ago before I stopped playing forever. I might play JV this year.

Static Stretching
10 min

Played basketball yesterday then went to a party, but was out of it so didn’t dance with anyone.

Push Ups
x60 PR
x20
x17

Nose Breakers
75lbs x8 PR
75lbs x8
75lbs x8

Chinups
x10
x8
x8

BTN Press
75lbs x10 PR
75lbs x10
75lbs x10

Iso Hold BB Curls
65lbs x30 sec
65lbs x30 sec

Summary: This was a true RE, with 1.5 min rest between pushup sets. My shoulders are dead right now. The Iso hold BB Curls were rough. I’m going to start doing those more to change it up.

Just finally got a scale for the summer. My weight by the scale has dropped to 153lbs which is scary. I need to get my metabolsm cranked back up. I think the scale is off 2lbs. This might be why my strength hasn’t increased and decreased a bit.

Dynamic Warmup

Bounding
3x20 yards

Depth Jumps
3x3

Pro Agility
3 right
2 left
2 backpedaling

Backpedaling Back and Forth
5yards 2x6

L-Drill
x3

Stair Circuit
{Includes: 1on each; 2on each, skip1, skip2}
2x15 stairs

Dot Drills
5 drills x3

Summary: Had to kick my butt today because I’ve been slacking off runing for a while. The agility drills were in circuit fashion wit 30 sec rest between. The pogo jumps during the warmup hurt my feet. I know this has something to do with the surface or the shoes I was wearing. Dot drills were crazy. I couldn’t remeber the exact ones to do so I just made up some to go along with the ones I did know how to do. I love the stair circuit. I’m going to start doing more SAQ stuff at home like this to go along with my schools workout that starts next week. Tomorrow I have 7on7 tourney so there won’t be anythign done tomorrow.

My knees felt very stiff during the warmup. I don’t kow if this is because of the plyos done a while back or I haven’t don’t any runnin or knee flexion exercises in two weeks.

Oh where to start. The night before I was planning on going to bed but my grandmother had pneumonia(sp?) and my grandfather had a stroke and was having mini ceisures(sp?) so my parents went back to their hometown to check on them. My mom who falls asleep ver easy was drowsy on the road so I talked to her on the phone until she got home safely. I didn’t go to bed until about 1:30 then didn’t know what time the bus was leaving the next day so I got up at 5:55. Then come to find out they weren’t leaving until 7:30. I was running on a BEC combo and 5.5 hours of sleep. Whew…now to football…

Opponents:

West Oak: They run the wing-T. They came out and was moving the ball with ease on our defense which was missing 3 starters. Which made me go oh crap. Then finally we got the ball I came out smoking with 3 catches for 50 something yards(estimated). Then second series I almost came down with a Go route on 2 defenders. The had about 2 more catches. Then caught a jump ball on 2 guys for about 33 yards. Won by 32…

Walhalla JV: Nothing but a fun game. I played no offense played some CB and dropped an INT and had two knockdowns. DB coach said he would use me a lot more if our head coach said we could play both ways because I’m probably the best 1on1 guy we have and I can catch.

Woodmont: Bad game overall for the team. Our QB’s switched every series and the 2nd and 3rd ones threw 5 INT between them. Defense didn’t make a stop but once out of 6 drives We scored maybe 2 or 3 times. I had 2 catches for 11 yards. Loss by 30…

Ate Lunch…

Walhalla: By far my best one. We were supposed to go against another 1A team from lower state but they left early. So we played these guys 2x. I had probably total of 8-10 catches for 125 yards. Highlights were a 2 yard flat slant that turned into a 40 yard TD(my favorite one). A diving 12 yard dig. A 6 yard jump ball on a fade back plyon. Last but not least a slant and go down the left hash over 2 defenders. The pass had to be perfect and it was. I think that was my favorite because it was such a tough catch and I made it with my hands. I also played FS some this scrimmage but didn’t know what I was doing at all. We mostly played Cover 1 with me in so I could just roam around free. We won 91-35. Its rained during this so we had to stop a little bit and they didn’t start scoring until after we went back out.

Summary: Dominated. The one we lost was probably because I didn’t get the ball enough. I carried the team in the opening one because everyone was dropping passes. Come to think, I was the only WR out there that had varsity experience in 7on7’s and games. Hopefully I can hopefully have a field day like this one at Clemson this weekend coming to get some looks from them. Dropped one pass and it was with wet gloves during the ain. Our offense is so high paced I had no time to take off my gloves when it started raining. Coach complimented me a lot and said I really stepped my game up when we needed.

Volume - Bench Press
135lbs x10
135lbs x10
135lbs x10

Speed - Box Squat
185lbs x6
185lbs x6
185lbs x6
185lbs x6

Effort - Power Clean
135lbs x5
140lbs x5
145lbs x5
150lbs x5
155lbs x5

Went outside…

Tempos
6x100yards@75-85% speed

Summary: Did the exercises in the wrong order but, oh well. The power clean was surprisinly very tough. Tempos were easy. Benching was hard with the short rests and a thick bar. I like this program. If I go in and just work alone and stay on task I can finish it easy with time to spare. I might do that SAQ workout from the other day tomorrow, or at least the plyos. Dynamic Box Squat weren’t really that fast. I felt the same bar speed as if I was doing at least 50lbs heavier.

Agilities

Rabbit Drills
x8

Ladder Drills
1 in each x2
2 in each x2
Ickey Shuffle x2
Side shuffle x2

Cone Drills
Box Drill x2
M Drill x2
X Drill x2

Lifting…

Volume - Squat
245lbs x10
245lbs x10
245lbs x10

Effort - 3 Board Press
185lbs x5
190lbs x5

Summary: I didn’t get much lifting in because my ride was leaving and I had no other way home. The squats really kicked my ass especially with the running before the lifting today. Didn’t get to do all 5 sets of baord pressing was going to try and work up to 205 which would have been tough. Then Afte that was jammer. Its ok because my traps are still extremely sore. I’m glad I’ve been getting sore to know that this program is wroking and shocking my body. Friday I might take it wasy because I have a big weekend coming at Clemson. I need to show out and hopefully draw some attention from them.

Today had a 7on7 comp. We won everyone of them. I played a little D but wasn’t as good as the Walhalla tourney. We were very short handed beause most of the defensive players were at a team defensive camp. I had 3 TD’s on the day, 2 in the first game. 1 was 5 yards on a slant return/in&out route, then the other was 40(length of playing field)yards on a post. The third was on a SLUGO about 40 yards also. I feel I can’t be stopped out there. I really felt fast(er) out there today offense and defensive wise. It started raining and I dropped 1 on 4th down.

Tomorrow I won’t go to workouts. I am already sore. I may do the firday workout at home though. I will ice like crazy maybe a contrast shower and lite tempos. Basically alot of recovery stuff so I can be 100% for Sat.

Today had a 7on7 comp. We won everyone of them. I played a little D but wasn’t as good as the Walhalla tourney. We were very short handed beause most of the defensive players were at a team defensive camp. I had 3 TD’s on the day, 2 in the first game. 1 was 5 yards on a slant return/in&out route, then the other was 40(length of playing field)yards on a post. The third was on a SLUGO about 40 yards also. I feel I can’t be stopped out there. I really felt fast(er) out there today offense and defensive wise. It started raining and I dropped 1 on 4th down.

Tomorrow I won’t go to workouts. I am already sore. I may do the firday workout at home though. I will ice like crazy maybe a contrast shower and lite tempos. Basically alot of recovery stuff so I can be 100% for Sat.